Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Responsible for serving as the main point of contact for all guest requests and needs. Responsible for answering calls, recording the guest requests, and then pursuing the issue to a resolution. Must exhibit courteous hospitality at all times. Must coordinate the response to the guest issue and then follow up with the guest to ensure satisfaction with the result.
Assistant Front Office Manager and Director of Rooms
Associate will be required to work day/and or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends. Some overtime may be required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret basic technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to follow safety and security procedures and will not pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, maintain concentration, and complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to communicate calmly with irate Guests, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Treat co-workers and guests with courtesy, friendliness and respect and provide responsive service.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in verbal, written or diagram form.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to interact with people, particularly in resolving complaints and problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have knowledge of hotel, hotel staff, and hotel services, including the hours of operation for all departments involved and in the surrounding areas; has a thorough knowledge of guestrooms including: locations, views, amenities, features, types, etc.
- Offers the hotel guests the best possible service through courteous and proper phone answering procedures.
- Is a hotel ambassador by promoting the hotel, restaurant, lounge, gift shop, etc.
- Able to give accurate directions and information regarding the immediate and metro area.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures and handle them according to procedures.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are recorded in the Guest Response Program in a timely and professional manner.
- Must coordinate the response to the guest issue and then follow-up with the guest to ensure satisfaction with the result.
- Ensure that all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow-up in a timely and professional manner.
- Must exhibit courteous hospitality at all times and fully own each guest issue. When in communication with the guest, must be proactive in every area, including offering additional services.
- Handles mail and messages per outlined procedures.
- Has knowledge of hotel rates, discounts, and how to handle them.
- Has a working knowledge of reservations and PMS procedures; knows cancellation procedures and walk procedures.
- Prepares wake-up call sheets; records the guest’s name and room number under the requested time; repeats information to the guest to ensure proper handling of wakeup calls.
- Sets wake-up calls as requests come in.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Attends department and inter-departmental meetings.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Ensure areas are free of safety hazards and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures total guest satisfaction.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as directed or assigned.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
- Able to operate and explain TDD operation for guests;
- Always has equipment ready to receive TTY calls.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
- Able to use sales dialogue in selling the Room Service menu, beverage, wines, etc.
- Know culinary terminology.
- Know the Gold Standard Brands.
- Able to use Room Service Use records.
- Take Room Service Orders.
- Understands various payment options and procedures of Room Service.
- Have full knowledge of the Room Service Micros System and its functions.
The Sacramento Marriott is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 916-267-6715 to let us know the nature of your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Licenses & Certifications