Associate Director of Finance
• Financial Statements; Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial statements, coordinates monthly closing activities with LFSC staff, prepares and distributes financial reports including: P&L, supplemental reporting to Loews, ownership, and lenders, Also interprets and analyzes monthly financial statements and presents to management, monitors the revenues/expenses and ensures accurate recording of information in accordance with Loews established guidelines, evaluates and determines course of action to improve hotel’s performance on LFSC scorecard.
• Monthly forecasting: Responsible for the preparation of the 30/60/90 day forecast each month. Revises future projections based on the latest key performance indicators. Makes recommendations to the Managing Director of Operations and Operations Team to assist Lakewood in achieving the highest level of financial performance while balancing service standards.
• Budget Planning: Responsible for the preparation of the Lakewood operating and capital budget plans, commentary, analysis. Provides guidance and direction to all department and division heads in the preparation of their respective budgets ensuring that the submission to ownership meets expectations.
• Responds to all financial requests and inquiries and serves as the liaison to the property on all matters related to LFSC
• Manages the accounting functions to ensure optimal efficiency of financial operations and adherence to Loews SOPs, Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines department Team Members according to Loews standards and follows New Hire Training and on-going Star Service Competency programs in accordance with hotel policy, also evaluates individual TM performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve department and/or property specific targets.
• Manages Sr. Generalist in following aspects of their function to include: oversight of the hotel generalist’s operations to ensure compliance of cash handling internal controls, audit of vault cash, and participation in the disciplinary process for cash-handling matters.
• Manages following aspects of the Accounts Payable Function to include: approval and routing of all invoices in doc-link to LFSC, approval of new vendor requests, approval of wire transfer requests, researches all invoice discrepancies, monitors invoices through the processing cycle with LFSC, handles multiple vendor inquiries, monitors receiving workflows and vendor aging, administers the PCard system for the property to include training of new users, proper coding of expenses, and compliance with company standards.
• Manages following aspects of the Payroll Function to include: prepares and distributes unpaired punch report on a daily basis, reviews and approves operational pay files being sent to LFSC, reviews and verifies gratuities and tip credit are in keeping with FLSA requirements, submits various payroll forms, prepares minimum wage adjustments for FB servers as applicable, prepares individual payout amounts of the management distribution pool of banquet service charges, approves payroll transmission to ADP and facilitates payroll discrepancies and the cutting of manual paychecks as necessary.
• Manages following aspects of the Income Audit Function to include: works with LFSC accounting to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all Daily Revenue Reports,
• Labor Reporting: ensures the integrity and accuracy of Daily Labor Report distributed by LFSC, prepares the Executive Labor Summary for Property Management, produces necessary labor reports for Weekly Labor Management Meetings and makes recommendations to the Managing Director and Regional Director of Finance as required.
• Audit/Financial Controls: establishes and oversees all audit and internal financial controls to include purchasing, cash handling, receipts, disbursements, expendable/fixed asset inventories, payroll and employee records to insure policies are enforced according to Loews standards.
• Manages F&B Cost Analyst in oversight of F&B Cost Control: responsible for oversight of F&B Cost Analyst assisting Chefs in monitoring food/beverage costs by ensuring necessary inventory reports are available to management, oversight of physical inventory procedures, review integrity of data in ADACO, investigates discrepancies and cost variances to budget and adjusts Clarity POS menu and pricing in keeping with changes requests
• Manages following aspects of receiving/storeroom department to include: hire, train and evaluate team member performance, oversight to ensure optimal efficiency, compliance with internal controls, reviews goods received without invoice at month end, reviews monthly and semi-annual physical inventories, reviews reported cost of sales flash, coordinates with LFSC.
• Compliance / General Accounting: approves all purchase orders, payroll submittals, accounts payable invoices, manual checks, balance sheet and bank reconciliations, month end journal entries, bad debt write offs, all Home Office corporate intercompany and inter-hotel charges.
• Cash Management: Responsible for approving bank reconciliations, coordinating with campus colleagues to ensure reconciling items between Orlando properties, approving Cash Receipts JE.
• Ability to perform “Physical Requirements” and “Mental Effort Requirements” as explained below:
• Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
• Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems
and/or unusual matters of significance
• Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
• Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
• Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions (may be required to work
varying schedules to reflect business needs)
• Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
• Recycles whenever possible
• Remains current with hotel information and changes
• Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
• Other duties as assigned
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V