Assistant Resident Services Director - LPN
Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - GA - Alpharetta
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
What does it mean to be part of a Family? What every family has in common is the people within it are valuable beyond measure, and vitally important in many ways. We are proud to introduce Alto to the Allegro family with this distinctive Assisted Living & Memory Care community in Alpharetta.
The responsibility of the Assistant Resident Services Director (ARSD) is to support the Resident Services Director (RSD) in the supervision of Assisted Living Services by providing for the residents' needs. The ARSD will assist the RSD in overseeing all phases of the operations of the Assisted Living Department including general administration and physical maintenance. All actions of the ARSD must be in strict accordance with state rules and regulations and Company Policies and Procedures, with an emphasis on effective and efficient realization of the owner's goals. The ARSD must always be aware that maintaining excellent service, quality care, high occupancy, effective communications, and high resident satisfaction are the overarching goals of the Company and the Community.
Areas of Responsibility
- Promote a safe environment for all residents, visitors and associates of the Community through vigilance regarding infection control and life safety.
- Work with Care Staff to create Resident Service Plans.
- Implement and maintain an accurate record for each Assisted Living resident.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Department to assess prospects and new residents as directed by the RSD.
- Interact with the resident's physician, pharmacist, other medical personnel and family/responsible party as required.
- Monitor overall health and wellbeing of the residents including evaluating resident condition according to state rules and regulations and Company policy. Immediately report all changes in resident condition to the Executive Director/RSD.
- Supervise the storage, distribution and discontinuation of resident's medications.
- Document medications and other issues appropriately as outlined in the Policies and Procedures and as required by state regulations and professional standards.
- Listen for and respond to the resident call and emergency systems.
- Evaluate, monitor and follow up with residents who have experienced any falls, accidents or incidents.
- Conduct wellness visits to residents who are ill, as needed.
- Supervise the Care Staff in giving day to day care to the residents (i.e., bathing assistance, health monitoring, etc.).
- Assist with resident care activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of state and local regulations and strive to achieve and maintain 100% compliance with the appropriate federal, state and local Assisted Living regulations; comply with all surveys conducted by their licensing/certifying authority.
- Assist in continuously training the Care Staff on resident status, resident care activities and Assisted Living requirements.
- Assist in training the Community associates on infection control procedures and blood borne pathogens
- Assist with associate scheduling to maintain staffing schedules according to state regulations.
- Maintain Department compliance with the operating budget through use of purchase order system and budget control procedures (including appropriate prior authorization on capital expenditure purchases).
- Establish good working relationships with residents, families, and Care Staff through ongoing use of Company Policies.
- Approach all encounters with residents, visitors and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Assist the RSD with formulating emergency and risk management procedures and training personnel accordingly.
- Participate in hiring, training, motivating, supervising and evaluating all department associates.
- Responsible for the Assisted Living Department in the absence of the RSD.
- Work closely and maintain daily communications with the RSD in administrating and managing the Department, to promote continuity of care and maintenance of services for the residents.
- Provide services and interactions throughout the Community which delight residents, prospects, and the greater community with inspired experiences which result in referrals and high occupancy.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the Resident Services Director.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty, and coach department associates to meet this same standard.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident's behavior. Report all signs to the Resident Services Director following the Company policies and procedures, and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the Resident Services Director as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents' rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Community or Company information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. State specific guidelines may apply.
- Licensed RN or LPN in good standing with the State Licensing Agency where the community is located.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Geriatric, Long Term Care or Assisted Living with Assisted Living Training preferred. CPR/AED certification is required.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving, decision making, leadership, and time management skills. One year supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable with computer use and have a working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs. Previous experience with computerized resident documentation systems a plus.
- Familiarity with Medication Observation Records, documentation and Assisted Living Law and Rule.
- Sensitivity to others and good verbal and written skills are vital.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
- The Community is a drug free workplace; associates are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Must have a means of transportation.
- Must b e considered to be insurable by the Community's automobile insurance carrier.
- Must not have the following:
- Driver's license denied or revoked within the last three (3) years.
- Two (2) or more suspensions (with reinstatement), within three (3) years or currently suspended license without reinstatement. Suspensions for certain offenses will not be considered for the purposes of this requirement, i.e.: unpaid tickets, failure to appear, underage use of tobacco, and failure to pay child support.
- Any major D