A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
The incumbent is responsible for directing restaurant team in achieving the ultimate guest experience and to meet and exceed the food and beverage goals established for pre and post opening in achieving a 5 star/5 diamond rating.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager reports directly to the Restaurant Manager and supervises the entire restaurant staff.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Guiding Principles and D.E.L.I.G.H.T as part of ensuring guest satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
- Provide excellent service at all times to all of our guests
- Assist guest courteously and efficiently
- Managing day to day operations
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the restaurant at all times
- Excellent knowledge of food and beverage, including being able to service and sell the product
- To manage proper staffing level
- To manage proper supplies level
- Assist manager with scheduling, recruitment and interviewing for new colleagues.
- Assist manager with colleagues training and development
- Attend weekly Food & Beverage meeting
- Assist manager with monthly departmental meeting
- Assist manager with conducting of daily communication meeting with staff prior to shift
- To visit all of our guest tables during or after their visit, to ensure satisfaction
- To manage, coach, and counsel colleagues, including disciplinary procedures.
- Uphold and enforce all hotel policies and procedures as stated in hotel colleague handbook
- Attend weekly and monthly Food & Beverage meeting
- Communicate all group information/changes to existing information to appropriate hotel colleagues in an accurate and timely manner
- Entertain clients, as appropriate
- Lead daily departmental meeting
- Has strong sense of responsibility for financial goals set forth by the company
- Be responsible for guest and colleague satisfaction scores
Click this link to view the full job description: MOLAS JD Assistant Restaurant Manager-MOzen.doc