JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Assistant Manager is to assure the overall success of the restaurant (and accompanying venues in or near the restaurant) by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for service.
Essential Job Functions
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and customer service oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as a part of a team as well as complete assignments independently; to take instructions from General Manager; to exercise problem solving skills and to interact with co-workers, General Manager, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
• Maintains communication with Chef. Understands menu prior to opening and is aware of changes during service. Understands timing of various items.
• Be knowledgeable of all menu items, garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
• Be knowledgeable of the wine list, cocktails and bar including wine selections
• Check food before serving it to the guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
• Controls operation of his/her restaurant. Insures proper execution of service between team members. Observe diners to respond to any additional requests. Manage the restaurant in an efficient timely manner. Responsible for printing new menus when needed.
• Must complete opening/closing duties. Close server’s paperwork at the end of the shift. Responsible for his/her bank. All completed paperwork given to Night Audit. Responsible for insuring that checks are closed to correct account.
• Accountable for the beverage cost of the restaurant.
• Awareness of hotel functions and special events. Manager on Duty Responsibilities as necessary.
• Knowledgeable on computer terminal, POS System, E-time. Responsible for forecasting.
• Must help servers when help is needed, by bussing tables, serving food, opening wine, etc.
• Responsible for preparing weekly work schedule and controlling labor cost for department.
• Completing Weekly associate tip reporting.
• Responsible for maintaining guest relations charge log.
• Complies with Company Standards of Service as outlined for JHM Hotels.
• Projects a favorable image of JHM Hotels to the public at all times.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
• Treats guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
• Completes Departmental, JHM Hotels and Brand standards training as assigned.
• Maintains a clean and neat appearance at all times.
• Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to ensure all laws are being followed.
- Must be able to work AM/PM shifts
- Holidays and weekends are
2-3 years restaurant management/supervisory experience in a casual, upscale dining Restaurant with similar size and volume is preferred. Hotel experience is a plus.
JHM Hotels is an e-verify and equal opportunity employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.