A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Spa, we offer fine-dining, a relaxing Spa, spectacular accommodations and legendary service of the world-renowned hotel group.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and support for In-Room Dining Manager, order takers, servers and private bar attendants.
- Trains, evaluates and schedules In-Room Dining staff to include, order takers, servers and private bar attendants.
- Performs administrative duties such as, but not limited to, scheduling, payroll and inventory
- Inspects In-Room Dining area, floors, and service landings to ensure standards of service are maintained.
- Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements
- Enforces established guidelines and policies of the hotel and carries out disciplinary action(s), as necessary.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Department
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned by the Director of Food and Beverage or In-Room Dining Manager.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as requested when working in public areas.
- Chair daily departmental meeting
- Attend weekly Food & Beverage meeting
- Chair daily event orders
- Communicate all group information/changes to existing information to appropriate hotel colleagues in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain an active trace system for guest history on their F&B preferences
- Audit checks when necessary
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in In-Room Dining Management within a luxury hotel operation
- Pre-opening hotel experience preferred within In-Room Dining
- Strong written and verbal communication skills within the English language
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays
- Be a self-motivator and motivator of others
- Be able to work together with other colleagues
- Have a pleasant, friendly and helpful manner
- Maintain a clean and healthy personal hygiene and grooming
- Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
- Have a strong sense of responsibility for financial goals set forth by the company
- Be responsible to achieve and exceed guest and colleague satisfaction scores
- Prior experience in a renovation or pre-opening environment
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.(ref. 49638)