A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Do you enjoy hospitality industry, where no detail is overlooked and cleanliness and comfort are very important attributes towards guests' experience? Are you a team-oriented individual who enjoys a variety filled environment? Are you enthusiastic, good communicator and quality driven?
If yes, Vista Collina Resort, Napa's newest luxury destination, has the ideal high-profile position for an enthusiastic person like you!
Nestled amongst the rolling hills of Napa, Vista Collina Resort ushers in a new way to discover Wine Country. With thoughtful, Tuscan-style décor, a tasting village, a locally-sourced, artisanal market, and a spacious community lawn for picnic, play and private concerts, Vista Collina isn't simply a resort in Napa. It is Napa at its finest.
Assists the Executive Housekeeper in managing all Housekeeping operations to ensure cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and meeting/conference/banquet facilities meet Company standards to provide outstanding guest service, and financial profitability. Builds and manages teams effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Manages subordinate supervisors/lead personnel who supervise team members in the assigned Housekeeping areas. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include inspecting rooms and public spaces, interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to achieve results.
- Monitors day-to-day Housekeeping operations to ensure standards cleanliness and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards. Takes corrective action as needed. Prepares schedules to ensure staffing levels are optimal.
- Takes action to control expenses and maximize profitability within assigned areas. Assists the Director with budgeting, forecasting, inventory control, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement. Utilizes computer programs to analyze reports. Makes recommendations, decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability. Ensures quality while minimizing waste or loss of supplies to maintain profitability.
- Ensures property meets Housekeeping standards by circulating through each area of the property. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction.
- Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and equipment and orders as needed. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories. Ensures equipment is properly secured and maintained and notifies maintenance of any repair or safety issues.
- Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Recommends updates to policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meetings with Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and service standards are met.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Assists Director of Housekeeping with merit recommendations within budget or established guidelines. Recommends promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
- Approves leave and time away from work within company policy.
- Assists with or conducts pre-shift meetings with Housekeeping staff to review staff assignments and specific needs. Attends all required meetings.
- Responds to emergency calls and ensures operational support needs are met.
- Ensures Housekeeping systems and equipment are monitored and maintained to function at optimum performance.
- Runs and analyzes various reports to monitor customer satisfaction, occupancy, expenses, etc.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years increasingly responsible housekeeping experience in hotel environment required. Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Requires good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn and operate other hotel computer systems.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governm ental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members and guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to refl
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.