Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 450 hotels and resorts with more than 63,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels.
Education & Experience:
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems
- Long hours sometimes required. Typically a 50 hour work week.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR & First Aid.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a key control system for the department.
- Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the housekeeping department.
- Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure everything is clean and in good repair
- Assist in controlling expenses and minimizing waste in all areas of housekeeping.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental budget and financial plans
- Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities
- Assist with inspection of rooms daily (do not schedule an additional Supervisor unless occupancy is over 90 rooms or with General Manager's approval -property specific).
- Assist with the review of Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist with the preparation of employee Schedule according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Submit the Schedule and Wage Progress Report to the Housekeeping Manager weekly for review.
- Assist with the overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving V.I.P.'s.
- Ensure lobbies, guest hallways, guest rooms and the back of the house areas are cleaned to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assist with deep cleaning projects
- Assist Housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods
- Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Assist with the completion of monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Aimbridge Hospitality procedures.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality’s policies and house rules.
- Assist with training and review of all "House Safety" rules and procedures with Housekeeping staff.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering department according to procedures; Follow up on Maintenance Requests to ensure completion.
- Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints and accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient way.
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings, and any other functions required by management.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with other managers, employees and all other departments.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available.
- Assist in monitoring “Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to standards.
- Assist with the training of all Housekeeping personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards, using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Use the telephone and computer system for reporting and verifying room status.
- Properly store, secure and issue supplies as needed to meet business demands.
- Complete all reports in a timely and efficient manner as required by management.
- Review Guest Request log daily to ensure that all requests have been met, taking proactive steps to address problems before they occur.
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.