Assistant Guest Services Manager
The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global
hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in
70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And
we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and
diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service
culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The
Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen
City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of
MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary,
Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and
well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program
highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an Asst. Guest Services Manager to work at
our beautiful new property, The Summit Hotel in Cincinnati, OH. This position is responsible for maintaining
and improving the efficiency and quality of guest services of the hotel by
assisting the Guest Services Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of
the Guest Services Department.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide guidance
and assistance to Guest Services Supervisors and team members including
implementation of programs, procedures, departmental standards, team
member training, scheduling.
- Assist Guest
Services Manager in preparation of and adherence to departmental budgets
and strategic plans.
- Responsible for
assisting the GSM monitoring of rooms inventory, rate and plan
- Work with the
GSM to ensure adequate staffing levels for all departments. Coordinate
schedules, payroll and expenses to meet or fall below budget.
- Work with the
GSM to provide evaluations, coaching and development for Guest Services
team members. Create and implement training and development plans.
- Maintain all
operating and quality standards established for Guest Services.
procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Follows all
Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Answer inquiries
pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolve guests' complaints
and concerns in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to
make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Be proactive by
providing hands-on support during peak business times.
- Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures,
and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability to effectively
lead and train a diverse workforce.
- Projects a professional and polished image that inspires
confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance
standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing
services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external
guests, some of whom will require levels of patience and tact to defuse
anger, collect factual information and resolve conflict.
- Able to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks,
have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate
effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Valid, clean driver’s license.
- Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office
(Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new and
customized software programs).
- Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting
people at ease.
- Warm, personable and energetic demeanor with
professional and pleasant phone manner.
- Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek
solutions and follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays,
and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands
to handle objects, tools or controls.