The Assistant Guest Services Manager’s primary function is to assist the Director of Rooms with the daily operations of the front office. He/she will act as a supervisor to all Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed Services/Transportation personnel assist with guest complaints and represent management in the absence of the Director or Rooms.
General Requirements · Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
· Respond to all guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Assist with development of employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services personnel.
· Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
· Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
· Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Wyndham S.O.P.'s in its use.
· Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
· Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
· Assist Guest Service Agents with check-ins and checkouts; confirm that all SOP’s are being followed properly.
· Assist and supervise Guest Service Agents with daily duties.
· Train new employees, help to develop and implement training programs.
· Maintain log of rooms in “out of order” status.
· Authorize and sign adjustments and paid outs over the limit.
· Oversee discrepancy report and monitor follow-through.
· Post updated information on 72-hour sheet and review with Guest Service Agents.
· Work closely with housekeeping regarding daily room status.
· Oversee Bell staff in the absence of a Supervisor.
· Confirm that Guest Service Agents, Operators and Bellstaff complete all duties.
· Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
· Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
· Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
· Be aware of all rates, packages and promotions currently underway.
· Follow and enforce all Wyndham hotel credit policies.
· Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
· Ensure participation within department for monthly Wyndham Enrichment Committee.
· Ensure team understands and remains focused on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores.
· Assist with sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Guest Services staff.
· Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
· Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
· Oversee Supervisors complaint and request log.
· Log all absenteeism and employee lateness.
· Monitor energy management, PBX, Pay-TV consoles to ensure proper functioning of equipment.
· Block rooms for special groups.
Participate in Room Inspection programs