The Hotel GroupFounded in Edmonds, Washington in 1984 as a spirited venture in the hospitality industry, THG™ has grown into a leader in hotel ownership and management, operating more than 25 properties in 10 states. Our guiding principle of integrity leads us to respect client partners and encourage associates' growth. THG™ keeps potential in mind, judging prospective properties by what they can be, not what they are. Because of this drive, we have consistently made poorly performing hotels into market leaders and attracted the industry's finest people to our ranks along the way. As our legacy and success continue to grow we will maintain the core values of integrity, initiative, innovation, and inspiration that have brought THG™ thus far.
Assistant Guest Services Manager
The Hilton Suites Brentwood/ Nashville is looking for a qualified, motivated, detail and service-oriented Assistant GSM to join our team.
Ensure guest satisfaction and revenue optimization through check*in, check*out and the coordination of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervise Front Office staff.
* Close out Front Desk bank at the end of shift.
* Handle check-in and check-out of hotel guests.
* Respond to guest requests.
* Coordinate reservations.
* Follow room inventory and monetary controls.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1) Supervises Front Office staff to ensure customer satisfaction and room revenue goals through proficient guest check-in, check-out and the coordination of Hotel services.
* Executes prompt, courteous and accurate guest check-in and check out
* Addresses questions or problems pertaining to Hotel rooms and rates
* Maintains room security by providing effective key control and participates in customer room security
* Answering telephones and responding to requests are routine functions of this position
* Ensures that customer mail and messages are delivered promptly
* Must be able to frequently move freely about the hotel, including up and down stairs during shift and remain standing for extended periods
* Promotes participation in frequent guest program, and guest satisfaction surveys
* Occasionally responds to guest reservations requests when no reservations representatives are present or available
* Follows room inventory and monetary controls.
* Responds to and follows through with guest requests, exceeding expectations, following up with guest to ensure needs and expectations are met
* Handles any guest compliments or complaints and takes action deemed necessary
* Participates in completing daily shift check list tasks
* Assists other Guest Service associates where needed including bell, door and concierge duties
* Handles cash transactions and keeps a balanced bank
* Maintains a clean lobby and organized reception desk
* Attends all mandatory meetings
* Assist in the training and development of new Front Desk Agents
* Verify all agents' work and daily drops
* Monitor reservations made and house count
* Monitor status of guest accounts
* Monitor current rate, rate changes and all promotions and groups
* Maintain departmental inventory, record keeping, accounting, budget and purchasing assigned
* Maintain Front Desk compliance in Signature and Guest Satisfaction Scores programs
* Manager operations in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations
* Ensure enforcement and communicate hotel security policies and procedures
* All other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Keeps GSM and GM promptly and fully informed of all problems or matters of significance
At all times projects a favorable image of The Hotel Group to the public
Maintains safe working conditions within department and Hotel
HOURS AND ATTENDANCE
Full time with varied and flexible shifts/days, likely to include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* 1+ year's guest/customer service experience, and/or 1+ years Hotel experience preferred
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* 2 or 4 year college degree a plus
* Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States, including High School Diploma or equivalent, and valid driver's license
* Must be able to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both orally and written
* Must exhibit positive interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs and varied business contacts
* Must be able to frequently move freely about the office, maintain manual dexterity to access computer via keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, computer systems etc.
* Must be able to meet deadlines as required, meet multiple deadlines as business demands
* Need to work a variety of hours, varied tasks under varied conditions
* Must maintain a good working relationship with other departments, associates and guests
* Must be able to interface with public daily
* Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures including safety procedures and local, state and federal laws and regulations
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Hotel's rules and regulations for
the safe and efficient operation of Hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations
may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Medical/dental/life insurance benefits, paid time off, and free parking. In addition, Hilton employee are eligible for worldwide travel discounts.
The property is managed by The Hotel Group, based in Edmonds Washington. This entrepreneurial company, 25 years in the industry, manages a diverse portfolio of properties and has a reputation for turning unique or challenged properties into industry-leading revenue and customer-service award winning properties. To learn more about our company please visit our web site at www.thehotelgroup.com.