Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
Assistant Guest Services Manager - (FT)
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world's largest and most diverse hotel company with approximately 7,410 hotels worldwide. With iconic brands and hotel choices in every category from upscale to economy, we offer not only the most lodging choices around the world but also exceptional customer service and great value.
Wyndham Houston Medical Center is located in the heart of the world renouned Texas Medial Center; we believe that as a associate in one of our managed hotels you will have a significant impact on our organization. We strive to create a work environment where our associates feel good about the work they do and the team they are a part of. We value our associates and their commitment to their family.
The Assistant Guest Services Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation of guest services, concierge and transportation in an attentive, efficient, and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows. Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
- Must be able to effectively
communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all
level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count
On Me! service oriented manner. Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be effective at listening to,
understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and
prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as
- Maintain regular attendance in
compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Management Standards, as required by
scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal
appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group
Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Maximize efforts towards productivity,
identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling
problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems
- Must be able to understand and
evaluate complex information,data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain
confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by
Duties & Job Functions
- Respond to all
guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the front
desk or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an
attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist in motivating
and developing guest services associates according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
- Assist with the
management of the interviewing process of candidates for guest services
positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Provide feedback to
the guest services director for associate performance reviews in accordance
with Wyndham standards.
- Maximize room revenue
and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
- Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close
observation of daily house count.
Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances,
- Attend daily and
monthly rooms meetings.
- Participate in
required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Work at front desk,
concierge, and bell desk as appropriate.
- Ensure that no-show
revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain a
professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with
managers, associates and other departments.
- Work closely with accounting
on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, associate
- Operate all aspects
of the guest services computer system, including software maintenance, report
generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper
operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that associates maintain Wyndham SOP's
in its use.
- Ensure staff greet
and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham SOP’s.
- Ensure implementation
of all Wyndham policies and house rules.
- Understand hospitality terms.
- Assist in preparation
of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and
delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional
- Must maintain
constant communication with housekee