La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.Job Description
The Assistant Golf Professional provides the highest level of golf shop customer service to high clientele members and resort guests and maintains the golf shop in a most professional manner at all times.Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Golf, Head Golf professional, and fellow Golf Professional Staff with daily operations of a high-end, high volume golf resort and club
- Display professional conduct in an appropriate manner at all times in accordance with the Omni Hotels and the PGA of America
- Coordinate, maintain, and promote golf for guests and members of the resort
- Perform daily golf shop operational duties and requirements for tee time reservations, point of sale transactions, club rentals, merchandise sales and services in coordination with the golf professional staff
- Enrolled in the PGA PGM program or have a Class A PGA membership
- Promotes the interests of the resort in providing world class guest services to resort guests and members
- Opens and closes the golf shop on a most timely and consistent manner
- Work hand in hand with other golf professional staff, cart attendants, starters and act as the manager on duty in the absence of senior professional staff
- Assist and manage sales, player services, pace of play, and overall guest golf experience when on duty
- Enforce all the facility rules and regulations governing the use of the golf course, golf cars, and other golf facilities
- Must have 1-2 years experience in golf operations.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in high volume, high service operation
- Must possess strong computer and phone skills
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Previous experience in golf shop merchandising and tournament operations preferred
- Must have high level general golf knowledge
- College degree, PGM or PGA Apprentice in good standing with the PGA
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.