Assistant General Manager- The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges
The Mark Restaurant
Location: US - NY - New York
Statement of Purpose:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Food and Beverage, and within the limits of the established Group policies and procedures, assists in overseeing and directing all aspects of the Restaurant.
- Supervises the day-to-day functioning of all employees, facilities, sales and costs.
- Controls and analyses, on an ongoing basis, the following:
- Quality levels of production
- Customer satisfaction
- Merchandising and marketing
- Operating costs
- Sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene
- Supervises co-ordinates and directs the prompt, efficient and courteous service of Food and Beverages in the restaurant.
- Establishes, and maintains effective employee relations
- Conducts, under the guidance of the Director such functions as interviewing, hiring, employee orientation, on the job performance coaching, counselling and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Ensures formal training plans and implements and ensures on the job training sessions for restaurant.
- Attends and contributes to the weekly/monthly Food and Beverage departmental meetings
- Conducts pre-opening briefings with employees and maintains liaison with the Chefs and Back of House
- Participates in service when necessary in accordance with the requirements and practices of the restaurants.
- Ensures that restaurant grooming and presentation standards are met.
- Controls OS&E for daily use in the restaurant to ensure that service requirements are met
- Utilizes Avero to determine sales goals, strengths and area's of opportunity
- Participates in the preparation and the follow up of the food and beverage department budget and goals.
- Conducts all administration work required, including but not limited to:
- Attendance records
- Duty roster/ management responsibility matrix
- Guest indexing
- ScheduleFly management
- Debriefing/information distribution
- P&L research/troubleshooting
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Is a leader and is able to motivate and mentor the staff members. Knowledge of food and beverage as well as accounting and administration. Can be relied up to receive instruction and complete tasks.
Education and Experience:
College degree or equivalent experience. 4-5 years prior front of the house experience in a high volume establishment. Experience in various capacities of restaurant staff required.
May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally. Available to work late nights, holidays and long days as necessary.