Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
In some circumstances, the AGM may also be assigned responsibility for a specific hotel department. The AGM directs operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. Recommends the budget, business plan, capital expenditures and directs within approved plans and objectives.
This position directly manages assigned staff and indirectly manages all subordinates. Articulates Company goals to the staff. Demonstrates commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity and respect for the Company and associates. Unites associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed these goals. Works closely with management throughout the hotel and the Company. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Guest Satisfaction – Direct and ensure standards and procedures are followed. Direct staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the budget. Ensure timely response to guest needs.Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain guest satisfaction. Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes. Ensure the staff regularly adheres to all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Be knowledgeable on hotel facilities, services and the city to assist guests as appropriate.
- Profitability –Develop, recommend, implement and manage the annual budget, business plan, and objectives to meet/exceed expectations.Ensure costs are within budgeted guidelines. Review vendors and products to ensure procurement of top quality products at minimum prices. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems. Develop and direct improvements to capture more guests and a larger share of the local market. Investigate new and improved equipment, techniques and service methods. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager.
- Life Safety/Risk Management – Assist the General Manager with hotel life safety. Direct and promote an accident prevention program to minimize liabilities and related expenses. Ensure appropriate sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures are in place, followed and comply with policies, standards and regulations. Ensure the staff is proficient in sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Notify the General Manager of any potential liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability. Make recommendations to the General Manager on additional safeguards as appropriate. Practice safe work habits.
- Asset Management -Walk the property daily to identify issues and to speak with and listen to associates. Ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect assets and maintenance related problems are reported to Engineering through proper channels. Ensure efficient and effective cleanliness programs are in place to protect assets and cleanliness related problems are promptly and properly addressed. Inspect and evaluate the condition of the Services areas, equipment and inventories. Investigate, analyze and report on all incidents and accidents. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked. Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
- Leadership – Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Manager in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests. Regular and timely attendance with high standards of personal behavior, appearance and grooming including wearing the proper nametag when working.
- Communication – Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests and associates. Maintain effective two-way communications that crosses departmental lines. Approach all encounters and actions with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner. Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the staff to provide organizational information and educate associates on changes and activities. Communicate activities and plans with peers and superiors to obtain appropriate consultation, guidance and approval.
- Administration – Manage the compilation and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested. As requested, assist the General Manager with the preparation of the annual hotel budget and forecasts.
Education and Experience: High school education plus a degree in hotel management, business, or related major. Requires advanced knowledge of housekeeping/hotel services principles and practices. Five or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferredSkills and Abilities: This position requires a substantial and successful track record in hotel management while maintaining integrity and professional bearing. Possess knowledge of accounting and budgeting along with the ability to compile facts/figures and analyze information that involves data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions. Ability to anticipate and identify issues and exercise initiative to investigate, interpret and weigh alternatives to reach logical conclusions and make sound business decisions.Display consistent professional leadership while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities and projects. Remain positive, resourceful and possess the ability to improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.The ability to effectively and efficiently schedule, manage and delegate work. Appropriately and effectively interview, hire, motivate, develop, monitor and address staff performance matters. Possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills with professionalism, diplomacy and confidentiality. Computer proficiency in Microsoft office along with the ability to travel when needed. Must satisfy and comply with the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.