At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Summary of Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the General Manager, the Asst. GM will lead the staff to excellent guest service through consistent and exemplary training, motivation and supervision including individual and team goal-setting, recognition and mentorship.
- Embrace and display our Lead with Love principles, strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture, by being patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated, while taking pride in their work and leading the team.
- Consistently model guest service through daily interaction with guests including resolving and anticipating issues and concerns in a pro-active manner.
- Manages the property in the absence of the General Manager in a manner consistent with the standards.
- Embrace the strategic and long-term plan of the property including assisting the General Manager with updating the property strategic plan prior to the annual planning process.
- Assist with developing and achieving the annual property budget goals.
- Manage multiple rooms and related departments including Front Desk, Housekeeping, Spa, Recreation, Engineering, Safety and Security.
- Maintain strong relationships with other departments within the resort and the broader Dollywood Company organization.
- Lead and maintain a positive work environment at the property through modeling professionalism and positivity in word and action.
- Assist in facilitating Management meetings which are productive, purposeful and appropriate to the needs of the property and the guest.
- Be highly visible and active in all departments within the property and know the property inside and out, personally inspecting all aspects of the facility to ensure the highest standard at all times.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all capital items and any issues in need of resolution.
- Take ownership in all financial aspects of the operation from monitoring monthly profit and loss reports to developing and achieving annual property budget goals.
- Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Our preference is a combination of experience and education to include a degree in Hospitality and management of several aspects of a complex, resort operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of four years’ related leadership experience required.
- Bilingual skills (verbal/written) in both Spanish and English preferred, but not required.
- Must successfully complete post-employment offer background check and drug screen.
- Able to project Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out our Lead With Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Must be willing to constantly improve.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must show appreciation to others.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines.
Essential Functions Necessary to Perform Job Duties
- Able to display and live out our Lead With Love principles strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Able to hear, see and speak.
- Able to speak, read and write English.
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees.
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods.
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities.
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to engage and interact with a variety of different individuals: hosts, managers, supervisors, owners, vendors, state agencies, etc.