Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Assistant General Manager to join our exceptional team.
The Assistant General Manager will report to the General Manager and will work closely with all departments of the hotel. Ideal candidates must possess excellent guest service skills and previous hotel management experience with a proven track record for success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Ensure excellence in guest service while overseeing Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping Administrative and F&B functions.
* Perform technical and administrative duties including writing and reviewing reports (occupancy, yield management, capital planning, payroll, etc.).
* Interview, hire, coach and counsel team members in the efficient operation of their respective areas.
* Continuously monitor staff to ensure the adherence to pre-established policies and procedures; delegation of duties; daily property inspections; active participation in community affairs; and willingness and ability to engage in effective communication with corporate staff and property owners.
* This is an excellent opportunity for strong Guest Services Managers looking to grow in their careers.
* Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of hotel operations.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively select, motivate, develop and retain staff.
* Ability to manage change effectively with clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
* Team building effectiveness with superb organizational skills to include time management, delegation and managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Good knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office Programs; diplomacy skills and ability to build effective relationships.
* Ability to walk and stand for hours at a time.
* Possess drive to create a fun, rewarding and professional work environment.
* Hotel brand experience preferred.
* Ability to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity; must be able to sit, stand and walk for hours at a time.
* Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Valid Driver’s License required
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER