Silver Cloud Inns & Hotels
Position: Assistant General Manager Department: Front Office
Reports to: General Manager FLSA designation: Exempt
Assists the General Manager with managing all activities of the hotel operations which include:
guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, team building, and staff
1. Promotes an atmosphere that ensures the company mission statement: “Friendliness and
2. Provides an environment where staff and individual departments can support each other and
achieve goals for productivity, occupancy, ADR, and customer service.
3. Planning for future requirements in operations such as staffing requirements, supplies, capital
expenditures, training through team meetings with the DOS, supervisors, and work teams.
4. Coordinate the efforts of operating departments to achieve goals, objectives, and budgets.
5. Manages the search for continuous reduction in the cost of operations, including increased
productivity and quality.
6. Support the DOS to seek increased occupancy, ADR, and quality customer service through
staff training and guest relations.
7. Ensures that all departments comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
8. Interfaces with corporate accounting, sales, and managing partners as required.
Position Requirements & Responsibilities:
A. Guest Services:
1. Promote an atmosphere that insures the company mission statement “Friendliness
and Cleanliness” is understood and practiced by all employees.
a) Continuous employee training.
b) Encourage employee stability.
c) Promote improvements based on guest/staff concerns.
d) “Set” the example of friendliness by personal interaction with our guests.
2. Encourage effective guest communication between staff, management, and guests.
a) Assure that all comments are responded to in a timely manner.
b) Encourage all staff to solicit guest comments on their stay.
c) Resolve all guest concerns and complaints to the satisfaction of the guest.
B. Management Skills:
1. Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate
and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with
others, has good listening skills.
2. Decision Making: Makes decisions systematically, can make decisions under
pressure, builds a consensus, can make difficult/unpopular decisions, considers
impact of decisions.
3. Delegation: Assigns authority and tasks to promote growth and enhance
productivity. Insures tasks are supported and fulfilled.
4. Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability,
handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets
5. Hiring: Defines position requirements and necessary skills, recruits large applicant
pool, prepares for and conducts effective interviews, values both experience and
potential, selects appropriate candidates, builds teams with complementary skills,
promotes diversity in hiring.
6. Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new
responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
7. Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is
flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and
handles constructive criticism.
8. Judgment: Uses good judgment, applies past experience, prioritizes tasks, provides
manager with feedback, manages resources well.
9. Leadership: Is persuasive and convincing, is fair and impartial, sets high standards,
establishes a clear focus and direction, implements company policies, tackles tough
10. People Development: Provides feedback and coaching, rewards hard work and risk
taking, takes mentoring role, challenges and develops employees, accepts mistakes,
11. Personal Organization: Keeps information organized and accessible, maintains
clean/functional workspace, works systematically/efficiently, and manages time well.
12. Problem Solving: Anticipates and prevents problems, defines problems, overcomes
obstacles, generates alternative solutions, helps solve team problems.
13. Teamwork: Works well in groups, helps resolve conflicts, facilitates meetings, works
well with other departments, is flexible and open-minded, focuses team on strategies
14. Work Environment: Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe,
supports safety programs.
C. Adherence to Company Policies and Procedures
D. Physical Plant and Equipment:
1. Conduct Property Inspections:
a) Daily inspection of exterior building and grounds.
b) Daily inspection of common areas including hallways, lobby(s), pool(s)
and/or spa, fitness center, public restrooms, and conference rooms.
c) Inspect guestrooms on a regular and frequent basis.
2. Coordinate all property and plant and equipment inspections with state, local, and
third party inspectors.
3. Establish and maintain safety & compliance requirements through an accident
4. Train key personnel in all emergency procedures such as 911 calls, fire alarms,
power, water and elevator shutoffs, and location of safety equipment (fire
extinguishers, first aid kits, M.S.D.S. forms, etc.)
5. Confer with corporate staff on needed capital improvements or emergency repairs.
6. Insure established maintenance procedures meet the needs of physical plant and
E. Fiscal Administration:
1. Daily examination of all revenue and expense areas generated by the hotel.
a) Complete Manager’s RDP Checklist.
b) Review all mail and approve all proper invoices.
c) Post all payments to accounts receivables.
2. Weekly review of supply inventories and approval of orders.
3. Timely (twice weekly) deliveries of daily reports and invoices to corporate office.
4. Monthly review and analysis of all reports received from corporate office.
5. Monthly preparation of required reports sent to corporate office:
a) Complete Manager’s Monthly Checklist.
b) Monthly Accounting Reports.
c) A/R Delinquent Status Report.
d) Linen Inventory Report.
e) Tax Exempt Reports.
6. Print and review Travel Agent statements and process checks.
7. Compile and process employee payroll information on a semi-monthly schedule.
8. Research potential direct bill accounts for credit approval/denial.
9. Contact direct bill customers in a timely manner to collect on accounts 30 days or
more in arrears.
10. Compile and submit recommendations for annual capital improvements and major
F. Departmental Supervision and Communication:
1. Coordinate personnel management within each department.
a) Provide assistance and coaching in recruiting and hiring of personnel.
b) Assist supervisors in developing effective training for new personnel.
c) Create an atmosphere that encourages employee growth and improvement.
d) Coordinate employee performance and salary reviews with departmental
2. Involve employees in an action plan for continuous improvement.
a) Set meetings and confer with staff regarding concerns.
b) Stimulate ideas and encourage volunteers to form action teams.
c) Provide coaching to action teams to bring closure through change.
d) Administer disciplinary actions when required.
3. Establish and maintain effective communications.
4. Perform annual performance evaluations with department heads.
5. Prepare and submit wage and salary increase recommendations to Chief Operating Officer.
1. Degree of supervision: Supervises or oversees the supervision of 20-50 people in
a wide variety of activities.
2. Working conditions: Requires 45-50 hours per week as required to meet the
responsibilities and is on call evenings and weekends.
Frequency Key: Never- 0 hours; Rare- up to 1 hour; Occasional- 1-3 hours; Frequent- 3-6
Hours; Constant- 6-8 hours.
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking, standing Constant
Climbing stairs Occasional
Lifting and carrying Occasional- up to 20 pounds
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Four year college degree preferred.
One year hotel management experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates:
No special licenses required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
Additional language skills helpful.
Silver Cloud Inns & Hotels
Position Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
Management Position: Yes
Address: 103 118th Ave. SE #300, Bellevue, WA, 98005, US