Assistant General Manager
Best Western Settle Inn
Location: US - NE - Omaha
Job Summary: Works closely with General Manager in overseeing hotel operations, including guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, teambuilding, and staff development. Supervises the work of hotel department heads. Responsible for the operation of all aspects of the hotel in the absence of the General Manager.
* Manages all aspects of the hotel in the absence of the General Manager.
* Approves plans, budgets, staffing, and general operating procedures for the rooms, housekeeping, maintenance, and security departments.
* Monitors the budget and directs corrective action as necessary to assure that budget goals are attained.
* Functions as an administrative link between and among departments.
* Monitors internal cost control procedures.
* Coordinates training programs.
* Assists the General Manager in developing and implementing long-range and annual plans, operating reports, forecasts, and budgets.
* Monitors safety conditions and employees' adherence to safety procedures. Updates emergency plans and procedures and assures that effective training for these programs is conducted in all departments.
* Receives, investigates, and acts upon complaints from guests and employees.
* Assures that the hotel's preventive maintenance and energy management programs are in use.
* Participates in on-going facility inspections throughout the hotel to assure that cleanliness, safety, and other standards are consistently.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of three years of hotel management or supervisory experience.
* Strong leadership and a professional image.
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
* Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.