JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Assistant General Manager is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the planned objectives for revenue, profit, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction and product quality.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in the selection, supervision, development, appraisal, counseling, and disciplinary action of associates as necessary.
- Oversees the operation of the Front Desk, Housekeeping and Engineering departments by setting the objectives, measuring performance and supervising the department heads. Achieves desired customer service goals by monitoring the service provided and developing and implementing strategies to achieve desired service levels.
- Ensures that all new associates receive a through orientation and on-going technical training.
- Increases efficiency of operations by analyzing procedures and practices and implementing alternative strategies as required.
- Implements the approved budget; monitor revenues and costs on a daily basis and take corrective action when necessary.
- Controls costs by adhering to standards of operations for forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, payroll control, and other expenses.
- Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels associates as needed
- Meets and exceeds the expectations of the associates by utilizing leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associates productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
- Develops and implements strategies to achieve Employee Satisfaction Index goals.
- Communicates with other managers and associates to provide smooth working relations between departments
- Determines and communicates standards of performance to associates. Evaluates associate performance on a regular basis and recommends salary increases as appropriate.
- Develops associates to maximize potential and prepare for future promotional opportunities by conducting counseling sessions, determining developmental needs and allowing these needs to be met.
- Ensures that disciplinary action is taken as required utilizing consistency, fairness and respect within framework of established JHM guidelines.
- Ensures that all associates follow safety rules and emergency procedures; takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work areas.
- Assists the General Manager; directs or cooperates with other managerial personnel as required or requested.
College degree in Hotel Administration preferred; 2-3 years hotel management/supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and drug screening prior to any offer of employment.