ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Hilton Garden Inn - Akron, Ohio (91460)
Location: US - OH - Akron
The new Hilton Garden Inn on East Market Street in Akron, Ohio has 139 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 4,436 square feet of meeting space and a full service restaurant. The hotel is located at the former Goodyear Corporate Headquarters campus on East Market Street, and when it opened it was the first hotel coming to Akron in many years.
The hotel was developed by Industrial Realty Group, LLC, a nationwide real estate development and investment firm, Buffalo Lodging Associates, a successful hotel management company manages and operates the Hilton Garden Inn.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the Assistant General Manager position. The ideal candidate must have previous hotel management experience in Operations. The Assistant General Manager oversees the hotel in the absence of the General Manager to include guest services, maintenance, housekeeping and food & beverage. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
Previous Hilton and OnQ experience is highly desirable.
LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE LOCAL MARKET.
* Previous hotel experience with management responsibility is required.
* Hilton brand experience is preferred.
* Knowledge of front office operations.
* Excellent guest services skills.
* Must be able to maximize customer service by attaining 80% or better on Franchise Guest Service Scores.
* Able to respond promptly to customer needs and requests.
* Maintains effective employee relations programs within the hotel.
* Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* A Bachelor's Degree or at least 3-5 years related management experience or comparable experience.
* Computer knowledge including Intranet, Property Management Systems, Excel and Word are necessary.
* Knowledge of accounting procedures.
* Able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the hotel.