Assistant General Manager
Location: US - IL - Northbrook
Nationally branded hotel in Western Chicago Suburbs, IL is currently seeking an Assistant General Manager who possess excellent guest service skills and previous hotel management experience with a proven track record for success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure excellence in guest service while overseeing Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping Administrative and F&B functions.
- Perform technical and administrative duties including writing and reviewing reports (occupancy, yield management, capital planning, payroll, etc).
- Interview, hire, coach and counsel team members in the efficient operation of their respective areas.
- Continuously monitor staff to ensure the adherence to pre-established policies and procedures; delegation of duties; daily property inspections; active participation in community affairs; and willingness and ability to engage in effective communication with corporate staff and property owners.
- This is an excellent opportunity for strong Guest Services Managers looking to grow in their careers.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of hotel operations.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively select, motivate, develop and retain staff.
- Ability to manage change effectively with clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Team building effectiveness with superb organizational skills to include time management, delegation and managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office Programs; diplomacy skills and ability to build effective relationships.
- Ability to walk and stand for hours at a time.
- Possess drive to create a fun, rewarding and professional work environment.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity; must be able to sit, stand and walk for hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License or CDL required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER