Careers and Job Opportunities for Crestline Hotels and Resorts LLC
Crestline -- successfully inspiring hospitality careers. As one of the largest and most well-respected hospitality management companies in the U.S., Crestline attributes its success to its more than 4,000 associates who exemplify our culture of service, forward-looking vision, and the ability to work together in a diverse environment. Since 2000, Crestline has been a preferred hospitality management company for many of the most notable brands including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt and Starwood, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers. Operating in 28 states and the District of Columbia, Crestline's mission is to "exceed guest expectations, provide an engaging and supportive work environment, and deliver financial success and opportunities for our employees, our company and our owners and investors."
Crestline's associates enjoy liberal benefits, exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement, as well as educational opportunities. Crestline is consistently ranked as a top 10 management company - not only for its growth, but for its high operating standards that include optimal results in all areas of the hotel business - from RevPAR performance, to gross operating profit, to quality, to associate opinion surveys, and employee retention.
Whether you are looking to enhance your skills or rise to executive management, Crestline is a hospitality leader that values your work ethic and rewards your contributions. We invite you to consider a career with Crestline.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the hotel General Manager with the successful operation and administration of all hotel departments to include: front office, housekeeping, engineering and food and beverage. The Assistant General Manager is also responsible for the Human Resources and Accounting functions at the hotel. The Assistant General Manager must ensure that all departments are continually balanced while focusing on providing an exceptional experience to every guest and maximizing department profitability at the same time. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for ensuring that all hotel operations are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. The Assistant General Manager will achieve desired outcomes by planning, implementing and controlling effective departmental strategies that drive results and through the creation, development and maintenance of a competent, motivated and empowered hotel staff. The Assistant General Manager will effectively lead, train, coach, motivate, engage and provide feedback to hotel staff, supervisors and managers on a daily basis. In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager will assume this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Responsibilities:
- Create and execute department strategies that will drive the hotel to exceed guest satisfaction, cleanliness standards and revenues.
- Work collaboratively with all supervisors and managers to continually enhance and advance the hotel’s goals and operations.
- Ensure the operations staff, supervisors and management are properly trained to standards and able to carry out the operations of each function of their department.
- Anticipate guests’ and employees’ needs and respond promptly.
- Ensure that the guest experience is pleasant and positive from arrival through departure.
- Analyze GSA scores and comments; enhance current strategies and develop and execute action plans to eliminate deficiencies.
- Responsible for all property based human resources and accounting functions; work closely with the corporate office to ensure that all human resources and accounting policies and procedures are followed.
- Work closely with managers and supervisors to develop them both personally and professionally.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all operations department policies/service procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: all hotel features and services, all room types, rates, special package and promotions, daily arrivals / departures / room availability, scheduled in-house group activities, VIPs scheduled, in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements.
- Review and respond to daily operational demands as it relates to the hotel.
- Conduct and/or participate in Daily Line ups as well as Departmental meetings.
- Ensure that all operations departments and employees comply, on a consistent basis, with all Fire Department Safety codes and OSHA guidelines.
- Ensure that employees comply and abide by the employee standards of conduct at all times.
- Ensure that all employee and management reviews are done in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that staffing level requirements are met when both minimum and maximum occupancy levels dictate.
- Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets designated hotel standards and the appropriate inspections are carried out on a consistent basis. Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies that are to be corrected.
- Ensure that guest requests are accommodated expediently and courteously.
- Prepare the monthly forecast numbers for payroll budget and expenses.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial forecasts for operations departments.
- Maintain constant control over changes and variances in budget for payroll, staff, ordering of supplies according to changes in occupancy levels.
- Ensure that an accurate inventory is completed at least twice a month pertaining to housekeeping and front office amenities and supplies, standard guest room items, linen, food and beverage items, etc.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming shift supervisor.
- Work with engineering to ensure that all equipment within the guest rooms and all operational departments within the hotel are functioning properly and are a part of an effective preventative maintenance program.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university/college or
- High school diploma or equivalent plus at least seven (7) years of related experience or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Computer skills required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Experience with hotel information systems preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position preferred.