Assistant General Manager
Pillar Hotels and Resorts is an affiliated entity of Aimbridge Hospitality. Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 450 hotels and resorts with more than 63,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels.
As an Assistant General Manager, you will fill a leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will attentively oversee the hotel's personnel as directed and provide support to the General Manager. The responsibilities of the Assistant General Manager are 70% management and 30% assigned duties to ensure hotel consistency in quality of standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
The ideal Assistant General Manager candidate will:
- Be experienced as a Hotel Supervisor or Manager and brand experience preferred.
- Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration and reservation cards.
- Accounting/Cash Handling to include:
- Maintaining accurate A/R records
- Daily deposits
- Petty Cash
- Tax reconciliation
- Credit card handling – processing, batching, and PCI compliance
- Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
- Selects or assists in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paperwork including position and safety training.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed to include corresponding with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Where Achievement & Responsibility Are Rewarded
At Pillar/Aimbridge Hospitality, we value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Aimbridge Hospitality values ideas to ensure high-energy innovation and high productivity and reward those willing to step forward and help us build and maintain passionate team members to deliver outstanding guest service and better financial results.
Pillar/Aimbridge Hospitality is seeking ambitious Assistant General Manager candidates with a four-year college degree or 2 years of Hotel Management or Hotel Supervisory experience.
Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary performance, strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.
Pillar/Aimbridge Hospitality Culture
Having fun helps us keep perspective. If we're happy our guests will be happy. Our work place culture values family, work life balance and community. Career development and progression allows our team members to grow in knowledge and service to prepare to meet and exceed personal career goals.