Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of a team of passionate, empowered associates that curates unique dining experiences for our guests . You will lead the effort to deliver distinctively different guest experiences while ensuring profitability objectives are achieved.Essential Functions
- With an innovative mind set, identify and enthusiastically create and recommend new products, programs and services
- Take initiative to go beyond the ordinary to differentiate us from the competition and create loyalty.
- Attract, hire and ensure the restaurant team creates memorable experiences with fantastic, welcoming personalities that can relate to guests and associates.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs and respond promptly.
- Create, execute and support the operational aspects of the restaurant
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Although not the most fun part of the job, you must ensure we comply with cleanliness, safety and service standards and maintain timely and accurate records and complete departmental reporting to include but not limited to inventory, purchasing and cost control
- 3-5+ years prior hotel or fine dining restaurant management experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Experience in high volume, luxury establishments.
- Extensive food service knowledge, food handlers certification preferred.
- Experience in seasonal resorts a plus with extensive training background.
- Extensive wine, beer and spirit knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and time management skills.
- Technical proficiency (basic computer applications).
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management discipline.
- Understanding of hospitality operating POS system Info Genesis.
- Solid judgment and ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations.
- Flexible schedule to include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.