Arcadia Embassy Suites
If you have true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the attitude suited for the Hotel-Hospitality business, Windsor Capital Group can offer you exciting opportunities for your career into the future. WCG, is a dynamic and disciplined hotel company with a passion for excellence. We offer personal development programs for training and opportunities to grow and succeed.
Windsor Capital Group, Inc., is a privately held ownership and management company with a current portfolio of 10 hotels in 4 states across the United States including superior hotel brands such as:
WCG is comprised of industry hospitality leaders who are committed to excellence, lead by example, and aspire to inspire others who want to succeed and grow in this exciting business. If you are someone who wants an exciting career, and can learn, teach and grow in the hospitality industry, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team!
Purpose for the Position
To coordinate front office activities of hotel or motel and resolve problems arising from guests’ complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries; to maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services and guest accounting so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge services may also report to this position.
1. Assigns duties to workers and observes performances to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
2. Confers and cooperates with other managerial staff to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
3. Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
4. Greets important guests.
5. Arranges for private telephone line and other special services.
6. May patrol public rooms, investigate disturbances, and warn troublemakers.
7. May interview and hire applicants.
8. May coach/counsel and discipline employees if necessary.
9. May receive and process advance registration payments.
10. May send out letters of confirmation or return checks when registration cannot be accepted.
11. Maintains standards of guest service quality..
12. Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
13. Assists in developing short-term and long-term operational plans for the guest service department, which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
14. Increases level of guest satisfaction by deliver of an improved product through employee development, job engineering, and quality image.
15. Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
16. Assists in managing the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
17. Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
18. Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
19. Receives departmental-related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
20. Maintains weekly/daily hotel inspection log.
21. Responsible for training of the Guest Services Staff.
22. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
· Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
· Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
· Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
· Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
· Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts.
· Make business decisions based on your own experience and personal opinion.
· See differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs.
· Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
· Plan and organize the work of others.
· Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
· Speak and write clearly.
· Accept the full responsibility for managing an activity.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs.
Over 1 year up to and including 2 years.
To do this job, you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: (If hiring someone into this position, this would be the minimum amount of experience and education that would be required in order for the incumbent to have a reasonable expectation for success.)
High School completion OR an equivalent level of education and experience.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by WCG, Inc. from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Windsor Capital Group, Inc. rules and standards.
WCG offers many benefits including:
PTO, Sick Time, Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits, On-Shift Employee Lunch , 401(k), EAP, Hotel Discounts, LifeMart Discounts.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS: Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization. WCG accepts all employment applications online and via paper application. For a paper application in English please click HERE WCG Application - English. For a paper application in Spanish please click HERE WCG Application - Spanish. Please mail back all applications in a sealed envelope marked confidential and with attention to Human Resources to 211 E. Huntington Dr., Arcadia, CA 91006.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
View the 2017 Federal and State Employer Postings HERE
View the 2017 Federal and State Employer Postings-Continued HERE
Vacancies may change at any time and without notice. For more information call (626)566-3787.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.