The newly renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Riverfront is an upscale, full-service hotel located in the heart of thriving downtown Jacksonville - convenient to San Marco, Riverside, Avondale, Springfield, and Jacksonville University. We're looking for happy, sunny, hospitality professionals to shine as the face of our 293-room hotel - greeting guests upon arrival, during their stay, and upon departure. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and fabulous travel discounts - all in an exciting, fast paced, always friendly environment!
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for providing leadership to front desk agents to ensure a smooth operation of the front desk and for ensuring that all standard operating procedures pertaining to the front desk are followed. They will assist in coordinating the activities of the Front Desk staff - bell services, telephone services, and night audit to ensure the highest guest satisfaction and maximizing hotel profitability. This position will have a strong focus on problem resolution, communication of information and shift supervision.
- Ensure new employees are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations.
- Evaluate the staff's job performance and coach and counsel as necessary.
- Clearly communicate to employees the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success.
- Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen.
- Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Supervise and process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel's rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies.
- Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Supervise and process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc.
- Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Supervise and process pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
Regular attendance and availability is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the fluctuation of business levels in the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Hotel. In addition, attendance is required at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English, the primary language used in the hotel. Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Hotel front office leadership role required
- Knowledge of Hilton systems, including OnQ, is highly preferred
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to exercise critical thinking
- Must possess basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions
- Knowledge of Hotel operations, its services, and facilities is a plus
- Friendly, professional, guest oriented attitude required