A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, over 11,000 rooms in 24 countries with 21 hotels in Asia, nine in The Americas and 16 in Europe, Middle East, North Africa.
Our aim is to be widely recognized as the best luxury hotel group in the world, providing exceptional customer satisfaction in each of our hotels. The growth strategy of our Group is to successfully operate 11,000 rooms in major business centers and key leisure destinations around the world, whilst continuing to expand our presence globally. Our current portfolio reaches across four continents, and we remain firmly on track with our development plans. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for our legendary service hospitality
About Mandarin Oriental, New York
A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 248 elegant guestrooms and suites — all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; The Aviary designed by Tihany Design and with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants.
Scope of Position
The Assistant Front Office Manager will provide supervision, direction and leadership in the Front Office and PBX in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by the hotel. The Assistant Front Office Manager reports directly to the Front Office Manager and overseas directly the Front Office Supervisors, PBX Operators and Guest Services Agents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the Front Office properly, efficiently and with profitability, which includes overseeing Guest Service Agents and PBX Operators.
- Delegate duties and responsibilities to Front Office colleagues and ensure that work processes are in a logical order
- Ensure proper staffing at all times
- Ensure that Legendary Quality Standards, policies and procedures of Mandarin Oriental, New York are properly understood and followed through among Front Office colleagues
- Perform all aspects of department functions, including hiring, performance appraisals, counselling, coaching, training, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Ensure and maintain a very high standard of personal hygiene, behaviour and grooming standards of staff
- Handle all guest complaints and comments relating to the department tactfully
- 3 years Hotel experience
- 2 Year Front Office experience in a managsupervisory role
- Knowledge of computers and systems
- Successful problem solving skills
- Able to communicate written and spoken English
- Bilingual required; Arabic speaker preferred
- Excellent overall communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or similar field