Known for distinctive, refined service in worldwide cultures, Rosewood is committed to developing its associates through personalized training and building enduring relationships with both its guests and its associates.
Assistant Front Office Manager
Assist the Front Office Manager in supervision,
associate training, scheduling, productivity and
performance monitoring of all Front Office staff,
Concierge, Door & Bell Attendants, Elevator Operators
and Package Room Attendants ensuring that all procedures
are performed to the hotel's standards. In this
leadership role, you will be instrumental in driving
service expectations and Rosewood's philosophy, which
guides respective associates in successfully and
consistently delivering positive guest experiences .
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all
departmental policies, service procedures and
* Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior
level on a daily basis.
* Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance
and use of equipment.
* Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and
acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever
time of day.
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and
organization of assigned work areas.
* Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
* All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
* All room types, numbers, layout, decor,
appointments and location.
* All room rates, special packages and promotions.
* Daily house count and expected
* Room availability status for any given day.
* Scheduled daily group activities / VIP’s.
* Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of
contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
* Meet with team to review daily assignments,
priorities and maintain contact throughout shift to
ensure successful completion.
* Ensure that guest & Night Audit standards are
maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and
acknowledge all guests & maintain positive guest
relations at all times.
* Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest
satisfaction. Maintain complete knowledge of: Hotel
features/services, hours of operation, room types,
numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location,
room rates, special packages and promotions. Daily
house count and expected arrivals/departures, guest
room availability status & daily group activities.
* Operate P.M.S. (Property Management System) in
accordance with hotel standards and maintain
security of system. Verify and makes corrections to
the Room Rate Report.
* Post and audit Banquet charges. Adjust outside
Vendor activity. Reconcile telephone calls and
miscellaneous accounts. Backup computer system
* Verify that all checks are closed and close and logs
any open check in the P.O.S. (Point of Sale) system.
Prints Food & Beverage end of day reports.
* Input all sales figures into the P.M.S. and balance
all accounts (Property Management System). Run Room
& Tax verifying that all room rates posted. Verify
Cashier’s Report to drop log and paperwork. Record
* Close P.O.S. after all work is balanced. Run end of
day program and close day. Check that interfaces are
up and running.
* Run daily Flash Reports and distribute accordingly.
Run morning reports and backup reports and
distribute accordingly. Print express check out
folios and distribute. Sign out and brief relief.
Review Night Audit checklist and verify that all
work has been completed.
* Fill out and deposit payment and corresponding
checks. Review status of assignments and any
follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor.
* Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using
correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
* Promote positive guest relations to all individuals
approaching the Front Desk.
* Process all guest check-ins.
* Assign guest room allcoation
* Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc.
received for them.
* Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to
* Obtain proper identification for tax exempt guests
and attach form to registration card.
* Direct Bell Person to escort guest and transport
their luggage to the room.
* Maintain guest history files on all guests.
* Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for
escort and delivery of amenities.
* Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in
according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths,
separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
* Handle overbooked or “walked” guests.
* Accommodate room changes.
* Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
* Take, record and relay messages accurately,
completely and legibly.
* Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to
* Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure
security of keys.
* Distribute all guest and department mail.
* Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes.
* Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
* Block rooms in computer and follow through on
* Pre-register designated guests and prepare key
* Communicate pertinent guest information to
designated departments/personnel (i.e., special
requests, amenity delivery).
* Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly
* Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with
* Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger
report; report discrepancies to Manager.
* Process all check-outs.
* Resolve any late charges.
* Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed
* Settle guest accounts.
* Retrieve guest room key from guest.
* Solicit guest comments on their stay.
* Process express check-outs.
* Handle requests for late check-outs.
* Conduct group check-ins/outs.
* Assist all departments/executives in obtaining
appropriate information regarding groups, inventory
and guest information.
* Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
* Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction
vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
* Make change for guests.
* Cash guests' personal checks/travelers checks.
* Post charges.
* Run closing reports.
* Count and secure bank.
* Complete designated cashier reports.
* Balance receipts.
* Drop receipts.
* Document pertinent information in the log book/
Opera/HotSos/Front Desk Checklist.
* All other duties as required.
Experience: Minimum two years' Front Office experience
in a luxury hotel.
Education: High school diploma; some college.
Language: Required to speak, read and write English,
with fluency in other languages preferred.
General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions
with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker,
remaining calm and resolving problems using good
judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a
guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers
as part of a team; work with minimal supervision;
maintain confidentiality of guest information and
pertinent hotel data. Must have schedule flexibility and
ability to work all schedules inclusive of overnight,
Technical Skills: Familiarity with yields management and
cost controls; ability to perform job functions with
attention to detail, speed and accuracy, prioritize and
organize, be a clear thinker, remaining calm and
resolving problems using good judgment, follow
directions thoroughly, understand guest's service needs,
work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team, work
with minimal supervision, maintain confidentiality of
guest information and pertinent hotel data, ascertain
departmental training needs and provide such training,
direct performance of staff and follow up with
corrections when needed, input and access information in
the property management system/computers/point of sales