At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years college education preferred.
- Two years front desk experience in a major resort.
- One year supervisory experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Able to work well with guests to resolve problems in a positive manner.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Control all guestroom allocations, ensuring that reservations are accurately recorded and monitored to ensure optimum occupancy and revenue is achieved.
- Responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager in hiring, firing and scheduling personnel within the Front Office. Supervise the performance, attendance, attitudes, appearance and conduct of the staff.
- Ensure that the procedures for guest check-in and check-out are maintained.
- Maintain an efficient system of communication between the Front Office and other departments, with particular regard to guests arrivals and departures.
- Act as a group liaison for the Front Office.
- Act as group contact and handle the following: room blocking, arrivals (paying special attention to billing), departures and attending pre-con meetings.
- Follow-up on all VIP blocks and inspect room prior to arrival.
- Control and monitor blocks and additional blocking as needed, i.e. special requests, suites, etc. Inspect departure report daily, updating records as necessary.
- Review Housekeeping Report and rectify all discrepancies before end of shift.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.