Assistant Front Office Manager
Location: US - TN - Knoxville
A Key Participant in the Mission to deliver service in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner, the AFOM assists the Front Office Manager in managing all facets of the Front Office, most notably front desk/ reception, cashier, night audit transportation/van service, continental breakfast service, sundry shop and bell services to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability. The AFOM is often hands-on in these areas and may cover shifts at the Front Desk
- Assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the front desk and associated functions, scheduling staff. Ensure adherence to established procedures for all related activities by all guest service agents, hosts.
- Oversee and participate in guest registration and check out.
- Analyze Front Office reports; investigate previous night’s production, rates, and issues. Prepare for the day’s arrivals and events.
- Analyze and generate reports and communicate information to employees and appropriate departments.
- Assist in the assembly, tracking and interpretation of financial and operational plans for the Front Office department, to include the annual hotel budget.
- Assist in achieving budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the rooms department. Investigate deviations from budget and take immediate corrective action.
- Carry out activities (night audit review, setting up group billing, making forecasts, controlling and placing orders for supplies, cross departmental communication) required for smooth functioning of the Front Office.
- Maintain correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintain personal contact with customers (both internal and external).
- Have Knowledge of hotel property, amenities, area attractions and transportation.
- Ensure proper care, maintenance and security of departmental furnishings, fixtures and equipment.
- Maintain procedures for security of guest, hotel property and emergency procedures.
- Follow company policies and procedures and effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Monitor and maintain procedures for safety of personnel including review of Emergency Procedure manuals and continuously retrain personnel for safety procedures.
- Champion the Virtuous Cycle
- Assist in reviewing Personnel performance and assist in career development.
- Motivate and celebrate Team Member Success
- Aggressively recruit and staff department, using company-hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
- Conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Conduct daily departmental NETMAs.
- Champion the use of HOSTä - PM Hotel Group’s Signature Service Program for delivering aggressive hospitality to our guests and to our internal customers. Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and insures that appropriate action is taken. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including EEOC and Wage Hour laws.
- Fulfill Manager on Duty shifts if required.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Other duties as assigned by management