Assistant Front Office Manager
Maintains proper Front Office staffing levels based on arrival and departure figures. Completely familiar with all hotel facilities, room types and operating hours. Coordinates pre-blocking of rooms for arriving guests with special requests. Assists Front Office Agents in satisfying guest requests and resolving guest complaints. Ensures the prompt satisfaction of guest requests and resolution of guest complaints. Overseers and ensures completion of room changes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Schedules and conducts weekly supervisor meetings and attends any appropriate regularly scheduled hotel meeting
- Monitors supervisors progress on assigned projects and duties
- Monitors daily punch reports to minimize overtime
- Supervises agents work to maximize efficiency
- Performs necessary Accounting functions
- Maintains accurate attendance records in department
- Assist Front Office manager in making staff schedule according to forecast
- Assist Front Office Manager in setting goals and objectives for the department
- Attends preconvention meetings with Front Office manager
- Measures performance of supervisors
- Continually strives to motivate supervisory team as well as other Front Office employees
- Helps reduce turnover in the department
- Maintains a close, harmonious working relationship with all Hotel departments, especially Guest Services, Communications, VIP department, Conference Management, and Shipping/Receiving departments
- Recruits and interviews applicants for Front Office positions
- Ensures adherence to hotel and/or vendor cashier policies
- Agility in multitasking
Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
In addition to essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- Remains current with hotel information, and procedures.
- Encourages a positive attitude among employees and treats other employees and guest with courtesy and respect.
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, and work area.
- Complies with hotel policies and rules.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Outstanding guest service skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of computer applications utilized in property management
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Education: Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred
Experience: Minimum two-three years Front Office or Guest Services management experience, preferably within a comparable property
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V