Assistant Front Office Manager
We are currently seeking a dynamic, professional, team and guest focused Assistant Front Office Manager to join our #1 Front Office team in Annapolis!
We are a beautiful 215 room full service hotel with recently updated spaces in the coastal chic vibe. Located in downtown Annapolis, we are just blocks away from the downtown waterfront area of the Historic district and close to many restaurants and local sights. With 20,000 square feet of function space, we welcome both Corporate guests and guests just here to relax and see the sights. We are also the proud home of BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom restaurant!
For more information about Loews Annapolis hotel, please visit our website at www.loewshotels.com/Annapolis
The Assistant Front Office Manager reports to the Front Office Manager of the Hotel and supports the guest service, concierge and telecom operations of the Hotel.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the quality, efficiency, and safe operations of the Front Office department.
- Ensures safe and efficient flow of traffic of arriving and departing guests.
- Reviews occupancy flow patterns throughout the day as well as Guest Services logs and applicable computer reports to ensure proper department coverage and an outstanding level of service
- Supervises Front Office Team Members, ensuring adherence to Loews Star Service Standards.
- Manages and develops Front Desk Agents and Supervisors.
- Maintains open lines communication with other departments.
- Interacts frequently with guests to ensure satisfaction with services
- Provides and oversees training for all Front Office Team Members
- Evaluates individual Team Members performance, and conducts annual reviews.
- Participates in hotel MOD program.
- Attends all required meetings for position
- Oversees supervision of Team Members and work assignments to maximize performance and ensure all Team Members perform in a friendly professional manner at all times.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings and training as required to maintain 4 diamond 4 star services.
- Answers guest inquiries and resolves complaints, taking all appropriate action to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Ensures that all requests are handled promptly, accurately, and with utmost courtesy
- Reviews/maintains daily payroll report/records, maintaining labor costs within forecasted budgetary guidelines
- Maintains a close, harmonious working relationship with all Hotel departments, especially Guest Services, Communications, VIP department, Conference Management, and Shipping/Receiving departments
- Recruits and interviews applicants for Front Office positions
As a Manager in the Front Office team, the position is eligible for benefits to include low cost health, dental and vision benefits, 401k benefits, paid vacation and paid sick/personal time, access to free Employee Assistance programs, free Wellness program, discounted dry cleaning for professional attire, discounted Fitness membership, free on site parking, free shift meals, low cost dry cleaning for professional attire, commuter benefits, free life insurance, low cost short and long term disability, career development and access to team member travel benefits.
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Front Office Manager position will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A minimum of two years as a Front Office Supervisor in a full service hotel of similar service standards, at least one year as an Asst Manager in a full service hotel of similar size or Asst Hotel GM of a Limited service property would be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- A track record of being on a winning front office team with proven high guest service measurement scores
- Polished and professional appearance
- Strong user knowledge of Hotel PMS systems (Opera preferred)
- Some experience in training, recruitment and payroll
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Excellent guest service and team relation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality management
- Knowledge of Market Metrix and HOTsos systems
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V