The Hilton Austin Airport Hotel is currently seeking a dynamic, experienced and motivated individual for the position of Assistant Front Office Manager at our Prospera Hospitality managed hotel. Hotel features 262 rooms with over 28,000 square feet of interior and 13,000 square feet of exterior function and event space. This candidate should demonstrate excellent organizational & communication skills; a strong proficiency in multi-tasking with hospitality experience essential.
As Assistant Front Office Manager, you will assist in supervising the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. An Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Front Office Manager include but are not limited to:
* Assist the Front Office Manager to oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards.
* Assist the Front Office Manager to evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement.
* Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognized and that the Front Office department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand's loyalty scheme.
* Maximize room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities.
* Assist the Front Office Manager with setting departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures.
* Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork.
* Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices.
* Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments.
* Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands.
* Conduct monthly communication meetings, in the absence of the Front Office Manager, and produce minutes.
* Assist the Front Office Manager with staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Assist the Front Office Manager with recruiting, managing, training and developing the Front Office team.
* Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems.