Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewYou will provide expert assistance to the Food & Beverage Manager by assisting with overseeing assigned Food & Beverage outlets to ensure optimum performance, exceptional guest service and maximum profitability. You will train and motivate staff to provide amazing guest experiences.Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically leads and supervises the outlets team
- Ensures a welcoming physical atmosphere and cleanliness of the department, including inspecting tabletops, countertops and side stations
- Communicate information to the service team giving them the knowledge to be individually empowered
- Utilize the Freedom To Go Beyond to resolves guest issues promptly and with great care
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detai l to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Supervise the performance, attendance, attitude, appearance and conduct of service team
- Assist with the development, training and inspiration of outlet staff
- Experience. At least two years of food and beverage or supervisory experience in related field.
- Knowledge. Must possess valid Food Handler’s card
- Strengths. Must have an eye for detail, be computer savvy and an excellent communicator
- Leader. Must always ensure a fun and hardworking teamwork environment
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours that may include nights, weekends and holidays, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.