Assistant Food and Beverage Manager - Miami Hilton
Location: US - FL - Miami
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (AFBM), is responsible for managing the daily operations of our food &
beverage ventures including the selection, development and performance management of his/hers direct reports. In
addition, the AFBM oversees the inventory, ordering of food and supplies, optimizes profits and ensures all guests
are satisfied with their dining experience. Oversee and manages all areas of the food & beverage venues and makes
decisions on matters of importance to guest service and satisfaction
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Food Safety and planning
· Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of the
service and dining areas. Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies,
federal/state/local laws and ordinances
· Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food presentation and service
· Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness and organization,
proper uniform and appearance standards
· Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be
required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
· Ensures positive guest service in all areas of responsibility. Responds to complaints, taking any
and all appropriate actions to recover dissatisfied guests.
· Provides leadership and directs a cohesive operational flow to maximize the guest experience.
· Ensures proper safety procedures are in place to protect team members, guests and company
· Ensures a safe work environment to reduce the risk of accidents and injury. Completes accident
reports promptly in the event of a guest or a team member are injured.
· Manages shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning, while upholding
standards, product and service quality and cleanliness.
· Investigates and resolves complaints concerning quality of food and/or service
· Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations
and conducting performance reviews, coaching and disciplinary action.
· Maintains an accurate up-to- date plan of restaurant staffing needs.
· Supports colleagues at peak times and undertakes any operational duty which might be
reasonably required, to ensure all guest’s expectations are met.
· Adheres to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs,
including, food, beverage, supply, utility and labor management.
· Responsible for ensuring all financial (invoices/reporting) and personnel/payroll related
administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company
policies and procedures
· Establishes control processes to mitigate los of company assets, regularly audits employee’s
financial performance and cash handling procedures.
· College Degree is preferred. Degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A
combination of practical experience and education will be considered.
· Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel, Micros POS System)
· Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning/food handling,
purchasing, safety, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping,
and preparation of reports.
· Must be eligible to work in the US
· Hours may vary per business needs
· Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level.
· Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and
supplies weighing 50 pounds.
· Works with hot, cold and hazardous equipment as well as operates phones, computers, copiers
and other office equipment.
EEO/ Drug-free Workplace
To apply, please visit: