As an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, you will fill a leadership role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals by assisting the Food and Beverage management in the daily operations of the restaurant and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage and Banquet departments. You will ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability. This position reports to the Food and Beverage Manager/Director.
- Have a minimum of one year experience in a Supervisory or Management Food and Beverage position.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Inspects restaurant and outlets daily to ensure high quality food and food presentation, cleanliness and side work duties completed.
- Assists to schedule employees at proper staffing levels; watches labor cost daily to ensure efficiency in scheduling.
- Participates in monthly inventories. Initiates programs to reduce breakage and loss in china, glass, and silver.
- Assists in the aggressive recruitment of staff department using company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
- Conducts pre-shift meetings to inform staff of daily events; ensures staff is prepared, organized and delivers high standards of service.
- Assists in the review of performance evaluations, recognizes employees for outstanding services and disciplines employees.
- Assists in training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.