Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
There's always a buzz of excitement in the air at Loews Hollywood Hotel. Located in the heart of Los Angeles’ entertainment and cultural center and towering above the famed intersection of the city’s most dynamic neighborhoods of Hollywood & Highland, you're never far from the sun, glamour and creative spirit this city is known for.
H2 Kitchen & Bar offers a social and relaxing space to plug in, conduct meetings and grab a cocktail. H2 Kitchen and Bar boasts the innovative small plates from Executive Chef Mark Ching and an impressive wine list and fresh hand-crafted cocktails. In addition, the hotel’s restaurant, Preston’s, serves California-inspired contemporary American cuisine for breakfast and lunch that features Chef Mark’s take on modern comfort foods, sourced locally.
This position is responsible for managing all operations related to the delivery of superlative Food and Beverage service, to include planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all Food and Beverage outlets, service-related activities, to ensure efficient operation of the department and that a quality product which exceeds guest expectations and hotel standards is delivered in a friendly, professional manner; staffing, training, scheduling of employees.
- Oversees supervisory activities, such as coordination of delivery of service and quality of food presented.
- Reviews/maintains daily payroll report/records, ensures labor costs conform to established guidelines.
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve same.
- Attends all required hotel meetings to keep abreast of in-house activities, special promotions and upcoming events, maintain communications with other departments within the hotel.
- Controls product quality, service quality, general maintenance, payroll, and costs towards higher profit, increased customer satisfaction and uniform standards of operation.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Certifications: "Certified Food Service Manager", "TIPS" or equivalent.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established guest satisfaction criteria
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Micros and Adaco is a plus
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Minimum four years progressive management experience in large up-scale and high volume hotel or convention center.
- Working knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreement, experience a plus.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V