A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
The Assistant Manager of Food & Beverage is responsible in assisting the Manager of Food and Beverage Manager for all day-to-day operational activities within the Food and Beverage Division. He or she provides functional assistance and direction to the Food & Beverage operation.
- To assist the Manager of Food and Beverage in the day-to-day running of the division, and will act as deputy in the absence of the Director of Food and Beverage.
- To ensure the profitability, efficiency and creativity in each Food and Beverage outlet including banquet functions, outside catering events and in-room dining.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing to increase exposure and coverage of the Food & Beverage outlets in various local and international media.
- To analyze and control food and beverage costs in order to achieve financial targets.
- To approve menus, prices and promotional events for all food & beverage outlets in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities.
- To identify areas for improvement in service and food & beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans.
- To ensure that the health and safety company standards are maintained and carried out. They must be monitored regularly to ensure maximum compliance on the MOHG health and safety audit.
- To liaise with the Learning and Development Manager on departmental learning and development needs.
- To perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Resident Manager and General Manager from time to time.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Able to communicate written and spoken in English and Spanish
- Minimum two years F&B managerial experience in a luxury hotel