Assistant F&B Manager
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile
Location: US - IL - Chicago
- Demonstrates operational understanding of all food and beverage outlets, including restaurant, banquets and room service.
- Supports departmental or outlet managers in all aspects of operation.
- Supervises outlet and banquet staff as directed, ensuring steps of service and hotel standards are consistently met.
- Assist in enforcing dynamic and consistent training program in both banquets and outlets.
- Ensures all guest questions, requests or complaints and handled in a timely manner.
- Supports all promotions, marketing, public relations and food and beverage specials.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate inventory and cash handling controls.
- Assist in recruitment and training of new employees.
- Counsels employees and issues disciplinary actions.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of collective bargaining agreement and its impact departmentally.
- Assists in maintaining staffing levels and scheduling based on departmental needs.
- Prepares, balances, and deposits daily receipts as directed.
- Enforces standards and rules for safety, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all hotel departments.
- Responsible for adherence to and enforcement of policies and procedures of the hotel and department.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Post secondary work in restaurant food service or comparable experience. Two years experience as Supervisor/Lead Associate or comparable experience in some other food service area.
Able to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. Flexibility a must.
Able to stand for ninety percent of shift
Command of the English language
Basic mathematical skills for report/forecast preparation and other calculations
Able to work long hours and non-traditional schedules
Experience within a union environment a plus