The Assistant Director of Human Resources primary responsibility is to create and
maintain a positive value-driven culture within the hotel. Also, he/she is responsible for
helping the Director of HR ensuring that the hotel complies with all State and Federal
laws as they pertain to Immigration, Labor and Employment, and Health & Safety.
1. Oversee human resources day-to-day operation to ensure that quality service
standards are met as well as departmental goals and objectives.
2. Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues and
handle complaints, settling disputes and resolving conflicts.
3. Ensure that performance management system is being utilized throughout the
4. Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solutions and solve
5. Conduct Exit interviews to identify reasons for termination, compiles and
circulates reports to Executive Committee quarterly
6. Maintains a human resources system that meets senior management information
7. Oversees recruitment and employment process including hiring, recruitment
initiatives and fairs, Pathfinder program, visas and relocation
8. Oversees internship program to ensure all interns receive quality training
throughout the hotel
9. Ensure compliance and keep current with all applicable Federal and Florida
legislation, including: Title VII; ADA; ADEA; FMLA; FLSA; Pregnancy
10. Discrimination Act; Workers' Compensation; Human Rights, Employment
11. Ensures that the hotel adopts the Service Standard philosophies throughout
12. Investigates and responds to colleague concerns and issues, and makes
recommendations to Executive Committee as appropriate.
13. Holds all department accountable for the Human Resources Core standards
14. Conducts wage surveys as appropriate and makes recommendations on salary and
wages as required
15. Ensures that the Human Resources department is compliant with all
Margartitaville Hollywood Beach Resort Human Resources standards, as outlined
in the HR audit
16. Works with the Health and Wellness Administrator (benefits) to ensure that all
colleague benefits are communicated
17. Interview, hire, train, resolve problems, provide open communication and
recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate
18. Responsible for receiving, processing and investigating complaints made per the
existing harassment policy.
1. A minimum of three to four years related experience in a hotel environment
2. Current Assistant Director, HR or a Manager in a large complex property
3. University/College degree in a related discipline
4. Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office
5. Organized, energetic, innovative and professional
6. Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written English
7. Solid US employment law knowledge an asset
On a continuous basis, sit at a desk for long periods of time in front of a computer screen;
intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk; perform simple
grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and computer keyboard on a daily basis;
occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Hollywood Beach, FL
Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Alfonso Arevalo
Contact Title: Director of Human Resources