Assistant Director of Human Resources
There's always a buzz of excitement in the air at Loews Hollywood Hotel. Located in the heart of Los Angeles’ entertainment and cultural center and towering above the famed intersection of the city’s most dynamic neighborhoods of Hollywood & Highland, you're never far from the sun, glamour and creative spirit this city is known for. Loews Hollywood is celebrating the re-launch of the hotel after a multi-million top-to-bottom renovation, which includes all 628 guest rooms and suites, lobby, updated meetings spaces, re-designed Preston’s restaurant and a new lobby bar, H2 Kitchen & Bar, brand-new fitness center, and Core Fusion Studio. The hotel is also known for grand events and one-of-a-kind experiences, and features thousands of square feet of flexible meetings space including the re-designed grand Hollywood Ballroom.
This position provides support to the Director of Human Resources in creating an outstandingly effective Human Resources system for a luxury hotel. Responsible for the planning, development, and maintenance of the Human Resources functions for Loews Hotel. Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, and company policies and requirements. Through ongoing employee relations campaigns and employee recruitment and development strategies, ensure staff members of an exemplary, safe, fair, consistent, and fun work environment, thus achieving the goal of valuing employees as assets and resources.
- Assists the director in ensuring compliance with federal, state, local laws, Corporate Human Resources policies, and practices. Keep abreast of changes with these matters.
- Assists the director in monitoring and making recommendations for discipline, suspensions, and termination documentation and procedures.
- Assists the director in developing and defining training programs with appropriate individuals. Perform the training for pertinent subjects associated with HR policies, laws, etc.
- Oversee development of recruitment strategy and recruiting staff. Utilize various sources to assist in this process, ensuring affirmative action compliance.
- Assists the director in administering salaries and wages and preparing annual wage surveys.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Excels in a fast-paced work environment.
- Extensive knowledge of computer based Payroll Systems and prolific in Windows Excel and MS-Office software operating systems and applications
- Bachelors Degree or higher in related field
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Minimum three years experience as Assistant Director of Human Resources or equivalent with experience in luxury Hotel and union environment strongly preferred.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V