The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville’s vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city’s distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To assist in managing and directing of all Housekeeping functions. To participate in quality assurance for Housekeeping department and department cost control measures. To provide support to the Director of Housekeeping in all areas of the Housekeeping Operation. To ensure Omni standards are met in all areas by monitoring quality assurance, and consistently setting a good example.Responsibilities
- Provides courteous, personalized, attentive, sincere, consistent Guest Service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, request & Complaints using Guest Service Skills. Exhibiting hospitality while striving to exceed Guest expectations.
- Resolves difficult or unusual problems arising with Guests, while maintaining good Guest relationships, demonstrating outstanding hospitality through the corrective action taken.
- Maintains open and clear communication with all departments and guests to ensure consistent service.
- Identify ways of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our service to guests by actively participating in the Omni Service Tradition program.
- Assists Director of Housekeeping with all of the following departmental functions and concerns: assist with opening and the PM shift, maintaining turnover to an acceptable level, maintaining uniform control, purchasing and issuance, guest requests, monthly meetings, quality assurance in public space and guest rooms, linen and supply inventories, purchasing linen and supplies when needed, assist with scheduling, kronos and payroll cost controls.
- Monitor Housekeeping inventories to ensure adequate levels are maintained.
- Maintaining close communication and interaction with Front Desk and Engineering departments, reporting all maintenance issues.
- Inspects the cleaning and servicing of all guestrooms, and inspects all vacant rooms on a daily basis.
- Prepare and complete all reports needed. VIP’s, Due-Out’s V/D’s etc.
- Identifies all cleaning defects and reassigns them to the responsible GRA. Completes a full inspection form for each GRA and forwards them to the Executive Housekeeper on a daily basis.
- Responsible for overseeing the Housemen, ensuring that they are working appropriately with GRA’s, and that they are completing all daily housemen duties/special projects.
- Participates in the recruitment and onboarding process to include attending recruitment functions, interviewing, training and development.
- Participates in energy conservation efforts.
- Respects Hotel property and work areas by keeping them clean, well maintained, stocked, and properly stored. Eliminates waste of supplies.
- Assists in maintaining Omni standards of cleanliness and a consistent guestroom/guest experience.
- Assists in maintaining a highly motivated and trained staff that continually strives for excellence, in service and cleanliness.
- Minimum of 1 year Housekeeping Management experience required. Previous leadership experience in an upscale, full service hotel environment is required.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of housekeeping operations, to include managing inventories, turndown service, special needs of VIP guests, room assignments, inspections, safety and health standards.
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop, and motivate staff.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to interact with internal/external guests and courteously solve internal requests
- Able to set priorities for the Housekeeping team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
- Prior experience managing schedules, payroll, service recovery and associate relations matters required.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to work well under pressure, managing quick turns and high occupancies.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and provide guest follow up in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 20-25 pounds intermittently, and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull fully stocked housekeeping supply cart.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, including entire shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.