Previously home to an elite athletic and social club, one of Chicago's most beloved landmarks from the 1890's is reborn as a bustling hotel playground, featuring a variety of iconic and unique restaurant and nightlife destinations, all in the heart of downtown. More than a restoration, Chicago Athletic Association is a revelation of historic architectural detail, from the grand marble staircases to the incomparable Cindy's Rooftop, showcasing creative food and drink with unmatched views across Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
Job OverviewThis position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for oversight of the cleanliness and maintenance of guest rooms, public space and heart-of-house areas. Additionally, s/he will administer all aspects of the guest room maintenance program and provide leadership, guidance and support to the housekeeping team (to include, but not limited to, laundry and uniform teams) in the areas of guest service, training, scheduling and performance management for the overall successful day-to-day operations. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for Destination Hotels.Essential Functions
- Be an expert and demonstrate knowledge of all services/features, hours of operations, room types, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, room availability status, scheduled in-house group activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries promptly and accurately
- Prepare and properly distribute room assignment sheets to scheduled staff and ensure assignments are completed at the end of each shift
- Effectively communicate changes of assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift
- Assign and maintain accurate distribution records of keys and communication equipment (e.g. radio, beepers, phones, etc.)
- Consistently perform inspections and maintain safety and cleanliness of guest rooms, public space and heart-of-house areas
- Instills a calm, organized approach when interacting in stressful situations
- Approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of heartfelt care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and follow proper protocol to secure and protect pertinent data
- Foster and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members across all departments through communication and regular face-to-face interaction
- Assist management to recruit, hire, train and successfully support and manage the talent of all new and existing team members
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or Hotel Management preferred.
- Minimum 1 year Housekeeping operations experience in a full-service boutique or luxury hotel environment with in-depth interaction with guests required
- Minimum 2 years prior management or supervisory experience required; prior management experience in Housekeeping preferred
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office required. Experience with web-based Outlook 365 helpful.
- Must display ability to work with general computer operations, including reservations software (OPERA).
- Experience with web-based communication programs helpful.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal.
- Prior experience demonstrating abilities to communicate with discretion, tact and diplomacy required. Conversational abilities in Spanish or other languages helpful.
- Must be able to access all areas of the building efficiently and across varied interior terrain and conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. regularly
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary.