Assistant Director of Hotel Engineering
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Location: US - AZ - Scottsdale
Assistant Director of Hotel EngineeringImmaculate public areas, attractive grounds and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence. Apply your exceptional standards as Assistant Director, Falicities, where you will implement preventative maintenance and resource management programs in support of a safe and welcoming hotel for all Colleagues, guests and visitors.
Hotel Overview: Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort recently opened 102 new guest rooms in June 2016, bringing the total number of rooms to 750. In conjunction with the guest room expansion, the resort is creating three dynamic new outdoor venues for groups: Sunset Beach, the Great Lawn and a new western town, Copper Canyon. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 25th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America’s. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist in the day to day management of the Maintenance department and ensure all standards are followed
- Coordinate preventive maintenance program for guest rooms, public areas and safety systems, working closely with Front Desk, Security and F&B departments
- Monitor, update and implement the fire safety plan, building evacuation and disaster recovery plan
- Ensure prompt and immediate response to maintenance requests for guests and Colleagues
- Oversee ongoing maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance for the Hotel with a focus to improve efficiency, profitability and service levels
- Follow the annual maintenance budget
- Assist in the monitoring of energy and water management programs
- Recruit, schedule, conduct performance reviews, train and develop engineering Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years experience as a manager in a 4 or 5 Diamond hotel required
- Previous leadership experience with a team of 20 people or larger required
- Certification in Electrical, HVAC, Refrigeration and/or Plant Boiler an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Proven ability to supervise multiple complex projects with a focus on results
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and overnight if needed
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. Click here to view: Click here to view: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/Meet/Grooming-Guidelines
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V