Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Come Join our Wonderful Team at the Embassy Suites Austin Central! We are looking for a well skilled Assistant Director of Food & Beverage. Join our Embassy family and a great career with our Food & Beverage team!
Assistant Director of Food & Beverage assists in management of food and beverage services by overseeing all aspects of multi-unit food service, dining and catering operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists Food and Beverage Director with the management of all food and beverage outlets including, but not limited to convenience carts, snack bar, bar/lounge areas, restaurant(s), catering and banquet facilities by ensuring that product quality and service standards are met
• Supervises all food and beverage staff by recruiting candidates, recommending for hire, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, evaluating, supervising performance and carrying out disciplinary action as needed
• Provides hands on assistance to co-workers
• Assists in cost control of all food and beverage outlets by managing inventory, supplies and equipment; estimating product and personnel levels; utilizing labor scheduling tool to adjust salary and hourly schedules following demand patterns, budget and local labor laws; maintaining effective inventory and shortage controls; tracking expenses including payroll, supplies and maintenance; generating monthly inventory report, cost of sales report and other reports as requested by management
• Assists in maximizing revenue in food and beverage outlets by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing including promotions and special events
• Maintains customer satisfaction and employee productivity by handling customer inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from customers and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and/or implement service improvement ideas; developing new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business
• Adheres to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage and alcohol beverage control policies
• Abides by and ensures proper execution of all AGC Standard Operating Procedures
• Acknowledges, greets and thanks all members and guests.
• May be required to fill in as bartender, server, host, etc. as needed
• Remains aware of all course events, large parties and reservations that may affect the food and beverage operation
• Maintains knowledge of local competition and industry trends
• Implements and supports all AGC initiatives and programs as requested by management
• Other duties may be assigned by management
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
• Four year college degree or equivalent experience required
• 2 years of progressive responsibility in food and beverage industry required
• 1-2 years experience of personnel management, preferably in golf/hospitality/service industry required
• Experience in resolving customer issues/complaints as well as overall excellent customer service required
• Knowledge of proper food preparation, storage and sanitation requirements
• Serve Safe certification preferred
• Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills
• Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment
• Ability to make good decisions in a fast paced environment
• Valid driver’s license required
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.