At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Four years experience in hotel/resort Accounting Management.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintain and secure assets, minimizing outstanding receivables and investments inventories.
- Prepare in conjunction with General Manager and Department Heads, all operational budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare cash flow forecast on a monthly basis.
- Oversee preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- Develop and maintain internal controls in all departments.
- Maintain all contracts, leases and other legal and financial records.
- Implement and support property operating policies and procedures.
- Operate in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and government regulations.
- Ensure property is in compliance with Management Contract.
- Assist in development of Risk Management program.
- Maintain insurance (general liability, property and Worker’s Compensation) programs.
- Coordinate all financial audits by outside concerns.
- Coordinate all internal financial training and development of department heads and managers.
- Function as financial advisor to Conference Center and provide on-going special project.
- Prepare periodic presentations at owner’s meetings.
- Work with the Sales Department to develop programs and procedures to maximize the Property’s revenue.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Director of Financial Operations and General Manager.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required both within the department and within the hotel organizational structure.
- Ensure effective solution oriented communication within the department and with other operation departments.