Assistant Director of Finance
Great Wolf Lodge - Kansas City
Location: US - KS - Kansas City
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Director of Finance will be responsible for a) supporting and driving performance management of the lodge, b) ensuring financial, operational and fraud controls are in place and c) managing local accounting and shared services interactions. The primary responsibilities of this position are outlined below.
- Partner with Director of Finance to drive the weekly/monthly business performance management process within the lodge.
- Develop strong Business Partnering relationships with lodge GM and department directors to identify opportunities to grow the lodge cash flow (increases revenues and decreased costs), to improve the guest experience, to define action plans and to hold business accountable for delivering.
- Diagnose and recommend action plans to optimize performance, test and learn opportunities to enhance revenue and decrease costs while also improving guest satisfaction scores.
- Support Director of Finance to work with lodge leadership to develop annual and long term operating and capital investment plans.
- Drive Business Performance Management analytics to support strategic forecasting, budgeting, and capital management.
FINANCIAL, OPERATIONAL AND FRAUD CONTROLS
- Champion financial, operational and fraud controls by ensuring lodge control framework is in place with all affected pack members understanding their role and accountability in driving control environment.
- Establish regular cadence of compliance monitoring of internal controls.
- Manage cash control for disbursing, collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting cash status, including implementation of technology solutions to improve cash control; manage credit, collections, and billing procedures; accomplish cash control objectives by assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling employees in all aspects of cash control.
- Maintain internal GM checking account and credit card; process and record internal checks that are disbursed.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting ad-hoc control testing and periodic audits; provide information to external auditors.
ACCOUNTING AND SHARED SERVICES LIASION
- Manage relationship with Shared Services for monthly financial close process, payroll, accounts payable and other outsources transactional activities as well as making recommendations to Shared Services for transaction activity that can be centralized or automated.
- Serve as Coupa (procure-to-pay platform) super user to train users, solve problems and drive procurement policy compliance
- Oversee purchasing and payables activity to ensure compliance with coding and reviewing of invoices that are processed for payment. Assist other departments in maintaining actual expenditures versus budget as well as challenging departments to be better than budget.
- Oversee and/or prepare the daily income audit including daily revenue, advance deposits, and cash and credit card transaction activities.
- Maintain credit/AR/billing controls by ensuring framework in place and adequate execution.
- Maintain service contracts, warranties, licenses, and other related files.
- Assist in solving guest concerns/billing errors/credit card disputes.
QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will embody personal attributes that will enable them to quickly add value to the Great Wolf organization, including:
Passion -- wants to make an impact and cares about the business and brand
Curiosity -- wants to understand how things work and how to make them better
Drive -- self-starter that is able to juggle multiple priorities across the business
Analytics -- bring an analytical perspective to solve business challenges
Judgement -- applies experience, facts, and intuition to assess situations and define solutions
Influence -- ability to relate to and influence across the organization
Attitude -- a can-do, roll up the sleeves approach, working in a fast-paced environment
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field preferred. Two to three years of experience with a major theme park or brand hotel in finance, performance management or operations management, or five plus years of experience in a finance or accounting environment.
Strong finance, accounting and analytical background required.
Cash control and general control experience preferred.
Expertise in using Excel and ability to perform analytic modeling/analysis required; expertise in Coupa and Sun/Infor preferred but not required.