Assistant Director of Finance
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise and coordinate the Accounting Operations in the hotel to ensure accurate, timely and consistent reporting in accordance with policies and procedures, GAAP and federal, state and local laws and regulations. Assist and support the Director of Finance in maintaining control over income, expenses and the assets and liabilities of the hotel.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for the daily operation of Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Journal, General Cashiering, Taxes and internal controls. May recommend and implement operational changes.
1. Supervise the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cashier and Night Audit employees; interview, recommend hiring, train, develop, empower, schedule, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
2. Supervise the daily accounting operations ensuring compliance with the SOPs and LSOPs, GAAP and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. Analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure financial information is available and accurate.
4. Prepare financial statements and reports to ensure accurate, timely information is available for management.
5. Assist in the compilation and preparation of the annual budget, forecasts, taxes and other financial reports to provide support thus ensuring accurate, timely information is available for management and owners.
6. Train, monitor and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of financial and cash controls and information flow throughout the other departments in the hotel to ensure compliance, accurate records and minimize liabilities, losses and expenses.
7. Resolve problems and ensure maintenance of the accounting systems and equipment to ensure smooth operations.
8. Analyze and be familiar with tenants, leases and rent reports and ensure hotel is in compliance with hotel leases and management contracts.
9. Has a fiduciary responsibility to IHR and management.
10. Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Finance in his/her absence.