Assistant Director of Engineering
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Philadelphia Marriott Downtown located at 1201 Market Street Suite 2820, Philadelphia, PA, 19107 is currently hiring an Assistant Director of Engineering.
Responsibilities include: Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors. Helps increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting management of Department Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
• Assists in maintaining grounds, meeting rooms, ballrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities as needed.
• Acts as technical liaison for all departments in property.
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and makes purchases of new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Manages parts, supplies and equipment inventories effectively by minimizing downtime and maximizing cash flow.
• Performs inspections effectively.
• Assists in evaluating and implementing new technologies, equipment and supplies.
• Assists in establishing and implementing an energy conservation program.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
• Helps ensure necessary permits and licenses for building and physical plant are obtained and kept current.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Assists in training other department employees in fire protection, safety and evacuation procedures.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in performing operational activities as necessary.
To submit your application for this job, please go to: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=16001ELL&src=JB-10222
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.